JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$400
Manufacturer
Mauser
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Tigard
State
Oregon
Zip Code
DWM Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken Arsenal. This rifle has all the stock marks and patina you'd expect on a rifle over 100 years old. It has a K series number or "K block" rifle which from what I understand was made pre 1898.The bore is bright and has nice rifling and has the crest on receiver and cartouche is visible on the stock. Serial numbers on the floor plate and receiver match, the stock does not match. 7x57 Mauser.

Offers welcomed.
Trades considered, nothing much on my radar I'm looking for however.
If the ad is still up, it's still available.
Item is currently located with my FFL in Tigard who will handle the payment. Just doing it this way as he has a bunch of my items on hand and he's home during the day to better meet people.
NO 4473 required on this antique rifle.

PXL_20230706_164353712.jpg PXL_20230706_164410598.jpg PXL_20230706_164420202.jpg PXL_20230706_164437118.jpg PXL_20230706_164456735.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I'd be careful on the antique status of this rifle, as the typical rule is any D.W.M 1895 should be treated as a C&R unless its absolutely certain you can verify the production date. Regarding the "K" serial numbers, the IMA website on a previously sold DWM 1895 they quoted this:

"All D.W.M. made Chilean Mauser rifles without a letter prefix and those with a letter prefix below "K" are considered ANTIQUE by U.S. FEDERAL LAW."

It's IMA so take it for what its worth, but yours is "K" block, so its not a antique. Even most of the posts on Gunboards treat DWM 1895s as C&Rs.

Cheers and GLWS.

I'd be careful on the antique status of this rifle, as the typical rule is any D.W.M 1895 should be treated as a C&R unless its absolutely certain you can verify the production date. Regarding the "K" serial numbers, the IMA website on a previously sold DWM 1895 they quoted this:

"All D.W.M. made Chilean Mauser rifles without a letter prefix and those with a letter prefix below "K" are considered ANTIQUE by U.S. FEDERAL LAW."

It's IMA so take it for what its worth, but yours is "K" block, so its not a antique. Even most of the posts on Gunboards treat DWM 1895s as C&Rs.

Cheers and GLWS.
Also out there on some gun boards: A THRU K serial DWM rifles are antique.

Also out there on some gun boards: A THRU K serial DWM rifles are antique.
That's up to your FFL to risk, common sense would transfer as C&R since the proof it is/is not antique is not solid. But that's his/her license to use as they see fit. Most FFLs I know in this situation would transfer as a C&R at minimum.

BTW it's Gunboards.com not a bunch of random gun forums.

That's up to your FFL to risk, common sense would transfer as C&R since the proof it is/is not antique is not solid. But that's his/her license to use as they see fit. Most FFLs I know in this situation would transfer as a C&R at minimum.

BTW it's Gunboards.com not a bunch of random gun forums.
Right. It is/is not solid and is up to FFL. Just clarifying as your previous post was drawing a definitive conclusion based on anecdotal evidence.
…You got my gun boards hint, good.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.