JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,

My husband is JackThompson and like the subject says, he's a bit of a gun nut and it's rubbing off on me. (We've been together 18 years. It was bound to happen.) Just purchased my first gun today at the gun show; a Smith & Wesson .38 Special +P with a Crimson Trace Lasergrip. Will be getting my CCW started this week. Also attended a reloading class (JohnH's) with him today and watched him load some .38 Special ammo for me. :) It was a big day and I've got a lot to learn!

Cheers,

MrsThompson

It was nice meeting you folks at the class, and congrats on the new gun!

For those wondering about the class, if you're thinking of getting into reloading, I'd definitely look into taking it. JohnH is a great guy with a lot of knowledge. He goes over all of the equipment and supplies you'll need in order to get started, and then you'll get to load yourself a box of ammo to take home. Hoping to take mine up to the range today to test em out ;)

Welcome to this site with the rest of us misunderstood people. Before I married my wife she was pretty much on the "anti" side but once she realized that I was just another peaceful human (actually better), she now has a collection of her own.

This forum is full of good people.

As a former medical professional I must informed you that you have 2 addictions (shooting & reloading) and there is no 12 step program. Then only treatment is- SHOOT, RELOAD, REPEAT....

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks! I already have experienced this by proxy. And am afraid I'm infected now as well. :) Bought the gun in Oregon on Saturday, and waiting for the transfer to Washington is KILLING ME. :)

~MT

It was nice meeting you folks at the class, and congrats on the new gun!

For those wondering about the class, if you're thinking of getting into reloading, I'd definitely look into taking it. JohnH is a great guy with a lot of knowledge. He goes over all of the equipment and supplies you'll need in order to get started, and then you'll get to load yourself a box of ammo to take home. Hoping to take mine up to the range today to test em out ;)

Oh HI! You were "the other guy" there, right? :) It was nice to meet you, too!

Been married to my wife for 33 years. Our first date was taking her to the quarry to go target shooting. I figured that I might as well find out right from the get go if it was going to work. After coming home from the date I asked her father, "Are you sure she's never shot a gun before?". She shot as well as I did and she'd never touched a gun in her life.

As they said in one of the zombie movies I watched lately, "Get down with the sickness!".

Mr. Thompson here :)

I've met a good number of you just wheeling and dealing and learning in the few months since I joined, and it was the kindness and awesomeness of the people on this forum that prompted me to have Mrs. Thompson join up.

Mrs. Thompson has been so very understanding of my need to make thing go bang and make things that make things go bang. Getting her on board actually serves two purposes.

It keeps her safer when I'm not there, and infects her with my disease! :)

@Lightborne,
I hope I didn't talk too much for you to get a quality education! I came with a zillion questions!

@Burt,
JohnH's class is fantastic. BUT. I must warn you. You will nickle and dime yourself to the death of a thousand cuts when you start reloading brass. There are very few "Nice to haves" when it comes to Brass, and a lot of "Must haves".

At this point I advise anybody interested to start by reloading shotgun first. It's dead simple. The parts are Press, Shells, Powder, Wads, Primer, Shot.

As with any reloading however. Follow load data to the letter.

Once you are ready to start brass reloading I would read up on it on the reloading chat here, and get into JohnH's class ASAP. He has enough equipment on hand that you can see first hand what the benefits of having the biggest fanciest setups are, and what the benefits of having the simple but effective setups are. JohnH has spent a ton of blood, sweat money and tears to be able to tell you hundreds of "...and for god's sake don't do it this way even if the book says you can!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top