Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS/WTT OR Marlin Model 60 .22lr

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by Raidingtime, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Raidingtime

Raidingtime SE Portland Oregon Well-Known Member

I have a used Marlin Model 60 for sale. 17+1 tube magazine, 22" barrel, with slide lock open and gold trigger.

This is a very nice .22lr rifle that is ideal for small game hunting or plinking targets. I bought it in a trade for several rifles which got me a great deal on this rifle. I have very little use for this gun currently because I already have a Ruger 10/22, SR22, and a pellet gun that fits this rifles role nicely. So I am selling this one to get a few extra bucks in the bank. I've personally taken it to the range once since I've owned it and it shoots very nicely. It has had no problems whats so ever. I'd guess the firearm is close to 20 years old but is very solidly built. There is a few minor scratches on the stock that is cosmetic only.

Veteran owned, cleaned, and maintained.

$250 obo/ trade

Thanks for looking

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  2. Bealzybub

Bealzybub Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

PM comin

3. Bealzybub

Bealzybub Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wouldnt mind having this if ya still got it. A little money and some tradin?

4. belcher

belcher vancouver wa Active Member

My grandfather had this same marlin when I was growing up..
    brings back memories I didn't think I had..
    nice rifle!

Raidingtime likes this.
  5. Raidingtime

Thank you ^ :)

6. Patriot1668

Patriot1668 SW Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Marlin introduced the bolt hold-open feature on the Model 60 in the mid 80's. Not long after that time Marlin reduced the tubular magazine capacity to comply with new laws out of New Jersey. The new rifle looked odd with the full length barrel and short magazine tube, so the barrel was shortened a few years after that.

It's hard to say for sure, but you might have a somewhat rare Model 60. There were only a few years in the late 80's when Marlin offered the rifle with the long barrel, original 17 round capacity, and the last shot bolt hold-open feature.

Classic.

7. Liberty

Liberty ..\. Member

8. Raidingtime

After closer examination and of course lead down range I have concluded that it does indeed hold 17+1 and the bolt holds open. Thank you for the info! It's a fine shooting .22