JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So found a nice old Marlin 36G (Short 4 round tube with no barrel band) it has the original blond furniture and I would like to have a spare set of dark. Any suggestions on a place to get good quality replacement. New or used is fine as I am willing to invest some sweat equity to make it right.

Also looking for any additional information you might have.

Thank you

image.jpeg

I would strip it with some orange citrus paint remover, then without sanding, lightly steam it to raise some grain and then apply the French Red method which means that you rub the solid pigment found at the bottom of a can of red mahogany into the woods pores, then use a quality walnut stain to finish staining it while rubbing it with 0000 steel wool between coats.
I like Birchwood Casey's Tru Oil for it's ease of use and quick curing times.

Then learn to appreciate it. It's OK to like something different.
Not all guns don't need to be dark walnut.

I think it is a fantastic looking gun! And would let it be. What it is.;)
I here ya. It is this aversion I have to any pistol that is not black and any rifle that is not dark wood.... I am learning to step out of my comfort zone.. :)

The blonde furniture really stands out and has some nice activity in the grain. It appears to be in pretty good shape as well. I like it!

I have a blonde 30 Carbine. It's not walnut like it should be.
But I really like the unique look. Even though It's not ''The Look'' for a carbine. ;)

And I ended up using the spare walnut stock on another action I bought.
I find keeping spare stocks help justify another gun! :D

DSC00318.JPG DSC00328.JPG