JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just purchased one of these Marbles to put on my golden boy. Wondering if anyone here has mounted this type of sight on their rifles before? Any tips beyond what the instructions indicate? I've already considered a trip to the range with the mount taped in place to getsite "in the hunt" prior to the scary drill and tap procedure. I also know that unfortunately I have to drill two holes as the stock tang screw site is not positioned for correct installation.

Marble's Tang Peep Sight Henry 22 Golden Boy Steel Blue

Remember when drilling the tang, the brass can be grabby...meaning it cuts easy and the drill likes to plow thru the material, so have some back pressure on the hangle to counter the grab. Also use lube.
I know, how do you drill and also put counter pressure on? On a mill you have a lock on the Z depth handle that you can partially lock, same with allot of drill presses.

Good idea tapping it on for the test!

I put this marble's tang sight on my Remington #1 rolling block sporter:

RRBRestore-RtRcvrUpsm.jpg

I removed the butt stock, and used a drill press and a machinist's vice to drill the holes. Finding the centerline of the tang and drilling vertical holes is very important in getting the tang sight vertical and aligned with the bore. Any offset from vertical will make a large difference in the windage on the sight. You want the windage adjustment centered when aligning the sight with the bore. Try setting the sight on the tang with a bore sight tool in the rifle bore to find proper alignment.

Even with all of that I had to add a .002" strip of brass shim stock under one side of the sight base to get the sight absolutely vertical, even though it was centered exactly on the centerline of the tang.

Also, be VERY careful with the tap. You really don't want to break it off in one of the holes. I was fortunate in that I was able to go all the way through the tang with the hole and threads. If you have to use a blind hole be sure to use a bottoming tap. Use a good cutting oil on the tap and go slowly. I have a quart can of Tap Magic that I've used for years when cutting threads. I'll swear by it.

Also, if your Henry tang is brass it would be good to use a drill bit that's not super sharp. It will tend to grab less. Be especially careful with the tap on brass too.

Thanks for reply's guys... Have been considering just taking it to somebody who does that work but online reviews for A & K were awful. Probably could convince the wife that I can "save" money by buying a bore site :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top