JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm considering buying one of these. I keep leaving one in the "cart" but can't seem to find a lot of info on it. My daughters shooting coach really likes the SCATT MX02 for training at home but I don't like the $1800 price tag. The MantisX seem like a great alternative but I'm not sure it will give the feedback we're looking for. It looks more like it's designed for pistols.

I have one and use it dry fire every day. I shoot 10 trigger pulls open, 10 compressed surprise break, and 10 strong hand and 10 weak hand. That's my every day routine.

I also have the miniature IDPA targets from Ben Stoeger pro shop to aim at- they are much smaller, so you get the same perspective as real targets farther away. Has really helped me be more comfortable shooting at distances greater than 15 yards +.

Also works with live fire, and also has setting for AR-15 platform.

As bonus, tracks every shot, discoverable in court.

Do I need to be in WiFi or data while using the MantisX? My home range is just out of Salem and cell reception is almost nonexistent.

No, it connects to an iphone (or Android?) app via bluetooth. That's it. Not too sure about background syncing with their servers though for cloud backup of shots taken.

You can ask a question here. They always write back quickly in my experience.

I first saw mantis at triggercon last year summer, they had a co2 option is that just for hammer fired pistols? id kinda like something that I can do more rapid fire/target acquisition drills with. is that a possibility with the mantisX

I first saw mantis at triggercon last year summer, they had a co2 option is that just for hammer fired pistols? id kinda like something that I can do more rapid fire/target acquisition drills with. is that a possibility with the mantisX
I never ended up getting the mantis as it wouldn't do what I needed it for. I really wished it did because it was well over 1k less

My daily routine is:

10 shots Open Training (avg score 92-ish)
5 shots Compressed Surprise Break (avg score 80-ish with 0.30-ish sec time) x 2
10 shots strong hand only (avg score 82-ish)
10 shots support hand only (avg score 72-ish)

Sure, that's only 35 trigger pulls a day, but that's 3,560 a year for each type. And I haven't even dived into some of the other exercises.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top