JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a super rare gun, it will be a while before someone comes along who can speak about them from experience. I am just trying to help by bumping the thread ;-)

I am going to sell some of my dad and me collection of mannlicher.
See, "are you interested in buying my mannlicher" is an entirely different thing than "does anyone have any interest in mannlichers." This forum is a place for the discussion of firearms. Most people here have an interest in discussing them, that is why we are here posting all our shenanigans all the time. The place for selling firearms is over in the classifieds. I would post them over there, with lots of pictures and a general price to gauge interest. People are pretty good about letting others know if their prices are unreasonable (high or low) but so long as you are in a reasonable range you should have a bite soon. Just be smart about it, like maybe don't take the first lowball offer you see and wait a bit to see if someone comes in with a better offer. If you are unsure of prices ask, there are people here willing to help.

I will note, however, that the classifieds here are a more limited audience than, say, a national site like GunBroker. This means prices have a tendency to be lower (for things that actually sell, I will not comment on the fantasy pricing some people engage in here). The main upside is that you can often find a local buyer for an item, which makes the sale and transfer way easier to deal with. Premium prices usually take premium effort.

I can say I am interested, for the right price. Post what you got and we can have a party.

I got magnum in 458 338 264 257wby.got 30-06 270 280 243 257Robers. It's a lost of work get them out .
Do you have an idea of asking price for any of those? The 458 looks interesting to me, but price is a factor. Pics are going to be a big factor in generating interest, if you are not willing to put in the effort I would not expect to get a lot of replies.

When I get the time I'll put pictures up, but if you're asking for pictures, I would say you don't know what a man liquor looks like at all for who are throwing fits right now you probably don't know what they look like.

When I get the time I'll put pictures up, but if you're asking for pictures, I would say you don't know what a man liquor looks like at all for who are throwing fits right now you probably don't know what they look like.
It's not just in general. I know what they look like. What I don't know is what yours look like. Photos are a good way to gauge condition, and condition is a significant portion of the price when it comes to guns like that. 3k indicates good to great condition. But if your pictures show a beat up and used example we could be haggling all the way down into the 1k to 1500 range, depending on how bad it is.

I would suggest looking up the rifles you have and see....
What ones similar to yours have sold...and if possible at what prices.

Bearing in mind that :
While Mannicher-Schoener rifles are of excellent quality...they can be also of limited interest.
As noted above... condition is almost everything here in regards to these rifles getting anything close to a so-called "book value."
And....the gun market is a fickle beast....
As well as that most gun guys are looking for a "good deal" ..i.e. cheap / tight fisted .
Also....what a rifle sold for in one location , does not mean that it will sell at that same price in a different location.
Andy

Last Edited:
I would suggest looking up the rifles you have and see....
What ones similar to yours have sold...and if possible at what prices.

Bearing in mind that :
While Mannicher-Schoener rifles are of excellent quality...they can be also of limited interest.
As noted above... condition is almost everything here in regards to these rifles getting anything close to a so-called "book value."
And....the gun market is a fickle beast....
As well as that most gun guys are looking for a "good deal" ..i.e. cheap / tight fisted .
Also....what a rifle sold for in one location , does not mean that it will sell at that same price in a different location.
Andy
What he is saying is that if you actually want to sell them, temper expectations some and entertain offers. You might be able to sell them at (or even above) asking price, but that takes time and finding the right buyer.

Just take some photos and post them to the classifieds. Then you will know what you really have.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews