JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Man Shoots Up Crowded Restaurant, Armed Patron Shoots Back

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/02/man-shoots-up-crowded-restaurant-armed-patron-shoots-back/

Several other stories here also where the good guys with a gun stopped similar incidents.

Concealed Carry & Home Defense
Man Shoots Up Crowded Restaurant, Armed Patron Shoots Back
Chuck Ross2:17 PM 02/02/2015

firearms-instructor-handgun-reuters-e1422905218789.jpg
An argument that escalated into gunfire could have turned deadly for the 20 people who were eating at a Vietnamese restaurant in Houston Sunday night if not for the actions of an armed patron.

Two men were involved in a disturbance at the Mien Tay Quan when one broke away and retrieved a gun from his vehicle. He came back to the eatery and began shooting from outside the building, shattering windows and putting patrons in grave danger.

Luckily, Anthony Yet, an investigator for the Harris County prosecutor's office, was having dinner at Mien Tay Quan while all of this was happening.

Yet fired his service weapon at the shooter, killing him.

<broken link removed> , Yet has been a certified peace officer since 1992. He has worked in the Harris County prosecutor's office since 2013.

Several similar incidents have occurred in Houston in recent months. Last month, an armed patron at a seafood restaurant was described as "amazing" after he opened fire on two armed robbers. Also last month, a Houston-based rapper fatally shot an attacker during an attempted car-jacking and home invasion.

In an incident shortly before New Year's Eve, an armed robber attempted to rip off a Houston-area fireworks stand. The clerk on duty shot the assailant, who was airlifted to a hospital.

And last year, a Marine Corps veteran intervened after he saw two masked men leaving a Houston-area video game store. The veteran raised his pistol at one of the assailants and asked a bystander to call 911. After the assailant raised his gun and aimed it, the veteran fatally shot him.

Last Edited:
Mainstream media outlets do their best to sweep the good shootings under the rug. Sharing these stories is one of our most powerful weapons in this battle.
Thank you, sir.

Far better endings than Luby's was.
Providing testament to the importance of an armed public.
I don't think it's a stretch to say that a gun control law may have been to blame for at least some of the casualties at Luby's. We know that at least one person (Suzanna Hupp) would have been armed (she actually reached for her weapon) but for the outlawing of concealed carry in public places.

Yes, but just think if everybody turned there guns in we would not have these shooting. The USA would be a safe and peaceful place. We could live without fear and no need for the police to protect us from evil guns and people.

Yes, but just think if everybody turned there guns in we would not have these shooting. The USA would be a safe and peaceful place. We could live without fear and no need for the police to protect us from evil guns and people.
Right? No more evil policemen or guns. Sounds dreamy. Peace out bro, I'm off to trade my guns for teddy bears and cute little rubber duckys!

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Providing testament to the importance of an armed public.
I don't think it's a stretch to say that a gun control law may have been to blame for at least some of the casualties at Luby's. We know that at least one person (Suzanna Hupp) would have been armed (she actually reached for her weapon) but for the outlawing of concealed carry in public places.

Actually the law was against carrying in restaurants, not public places.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I sure as hell hope you were being facetious in that comment. If not were going to have some fire spitting going on here :/

Wow! Then the police could turn in their guns! Then! The military!!! Huzzah!!!:rolleyes:

black dog I really hope you're joking about that comment you made. that might get the idiots with legit guns off of the street but that doesn't mean that the hardened criminals with illegal weapons are going and that leavES them the only ones with guns. that is not a world I think I would fancy...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews