JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've seen this stuff on the market for a few months now. Finally decided to order up a ammo can of it.

The ammo can arrived still sealed with a lead seal from 1981. After opening it up I found the ammo to be slightly tarnished but in reasonable shape. The primers are sealed. Tomorrow I will test it out for reliability.

Anyone else try this stuff yet?

20180728_180600.jpg 20180728_180757.jpg 20180728_180842.jpg

Last Edited:
I bought some. Works perfect through my CETME, but won't cycle the piston AR, the spent brass sticks in the chamber
Bad accuracy from the bolt gun.
Good plinking ammo

Last Edited:
Jra m14 ran this ammo flawlessly. Palmetto pa10 ran it flawlessly.
My JRA bm59 would rip the rim off the brass and it would stick in the chamber.
Ive owned a couple thousand rounds, shot through half of it. The smell is funky but it does the job well. I dont recall many duds maybe a couple over the thoasand+ i shot. Actually i dont recall any duds now that i think about it. Stuffs to cheap to pass, i dont know if its that accurate though.
Another plus is you get these really cool dark green with yellow writing ammo cans with them that work as organizers:) 958F0599-B30F-411A-BBB7-84EA14EC4143.jpeg D3B487CF-AF26-4AB0-8C4C-C3F1227C7856.jpeg

Thought they were berdan primed?
Not he ones I had from sgammo. I have about 5 reloads on some of it .

Thanks for that, i didnt know if bimetal was reloadable or not. Makes knowing what to do with the shell cases easier!
The bimetal is the jacket on the projectile . It's a blend of copper and steel . Some folks don't like to shoot it over riflings that aren't chromes or some sort of coating .
Some test show it has no ill effects . I won't shoot it in some barrels , personal preference .

Thanks for that, i didnt know if bimetal was reloadable or not. Makes knowing what to do with the shell cases easier!

Jacket refers to projectile.

Reloadable depends on if it's boxer vs berdan.

Sure, yah, berdan can be reloaded. Really only worthwhile though if it's some essoterric type cartdge though. My understating least ways.

-hope to get into reloading rifle shortly-

Not he ones I had from sgammo. I have about 5 reloads on some of it .

The bimetal is the jacket on the projectile . It's a blend of copper and steel . Some folks don't like to shoot it over riflings that aren't chromes or some sort of coating .
Some test show it has no ill effects . I won't shoot it in some barrels , personal preference .

Aha, that makes a big difference then! Thanks on that.

Was going to put an order in for some plinkers (not expecting reloadable brass). Hirtenberger, those milled base German ones, or these...

Jacket refers to projectile.

Reloadable depends on if it's boxer vs berdan.

Sure, yah, berdan can be reloaded. Really only worthwhile though if it's some essoterric type cartdge though. My understating least ways.

-hope to get into reloading rifle shortly-
Thanks guys i guess i was confused, dont plan on reloading but just wanted to get the shells somewhere when i get them piled up, take it recycling would be the more probable route?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top