Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

MAK90 for sale *back up for sale, price drop*

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by Artilleryman, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Artilleryman

Artilleryman Originally from the central midwest but have reloc Active Member

Norinco MAK90
    16" barrel,
    no muzzle brake
    straight cut receiver
    non threaded muzzle
    four position collapsible stock
    some type of polymer handguard
    round count unknown
    in great condition, has the usual AK receiver scratches from operation of the safety lever
    dunno if this is 922 compliant or not, but If I can locate the piston & trigger parts I have around there I'll include them in the sale
    I'll also include two 30rd mags, one Tapco polymer and one metal of unknown origin
    It's got electrolytes that plants crave!
    $575, ftf portland, not interested in shipping

2. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Your rifle is 922(r) compliant as it sits. The handguard, pistol grip, but stock, mag body, mag follower and mag floorplate are good to go.

You in the Oregon guard?

Sending PM.

SF-

3. ttventures

ttventures Dar al Kafir New Member

Well, if you make it to Spokane with that rifle let me know. Unless of course, you change your mind on shipping.

4. Artilleryman

Rifle is now off the market pending sale, thank you for your interest, all! Please see my ad for a .454 Casull for sale over in the handgun section- would make a great purse gun for your wife, plus it's got electorlytes that plants crave....

5. Artilleryman

back up for sale, price dropped to $575....c'mon, it's valentine's day & your ol' lady has been wanting a Mak90 for awhile now so get her this one...

6. absoluterik07

absoluterik07 Salem, OR Member

Sorry to sound like a noob here but what's the difference between an AK and this?

7. magnum

magnum Springfield American....'nuff said

Are you interested in any trades for your mak?

8. Artilleryman

...no difference really, an ak is an ak.......I don't know a lot about them as I'm more of an ar guy. Perhaps some of the local guru's could chime in here, but I believe the mak90's were imported during the clinton ban, but were 'sporterized' with thumbole stocks, low cap mags, and no muzzle breaks. then there's some bit of trivia about some of 'em having slant cut ends vs straight cut (as this one is) which can affect what furniture you can throw on. from the bit of reading I've done about these (not a lot), the norinco's seem to be well respected, more so than the wasr's, etc, and I don't know whether there are multiple variants or not....any ak guys here that can give absolkuterik07 a more informed answer?

9. Artilleryman

I'm preferably looking to sell right now, although I may change my mind on that at some point.

10. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

You pretty much nailed it, except that these were modified in response to Bush 41's 1989 ban (still in effect, BTW), not Clinton's 1994 ban. A rifle with a straight cut receiver is the best version of these, as it is then easier to 'deneuter' it back into a respectable Type 56 clone. Norincos are considered some of the best AKs available.

Keith

11. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Norinco MAK90's have the following:

Thicker receivers
    Extra support at the rear of the receiver
    Thicker barrels
    machined thin 'fins' that the Chinese feel help cool the barrel under heavy rates of fire
    Chrome lined barrels

Best valued "AK" (this really is an AKM copy not AK.... Yes I am an AKoholic) for Utilitarian purposes. Because of the thicker receiver whatever aftermarket stock set up you put on the back will need to be modified to fit.

I want this rifle but am not willing to pay the sales tax on it due to the transferring through a WA FFL. If you want an "AK" style rifle that you can pass down to your grandchildren this is it.

SF-

12. Arne K

Arne K NW Oregon Active Member

You're right. I bought one brand new in 1995 for $299. Straight cut barrel with no threads were part of what made it a MAK90 and compliant with the rules in place at the time. It came with a 10 round short magazine and accepted 30 rounders. It was a well made gun and I wish I hadn't had to sell it a couple years later. If I had the cash, I'd buy this one now.

13. JustAGuyWiddaGun

JustAGuyWiddaGun Redmond, OR New Member

Hey you interested in trading yet? Got a Sig P220 .45acp

14. Artilleryman

I believe the mak is now sold pending funds, we'll be speaking this weekend...thanks for the replies, all!

15. Artilleryman

Rifle is sold, thanks for the great info & replies, all!:thumbup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.