JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Norinco MAK90
16" barrel,
no muzzle brake
straight cut receiver
non threaded muzzle
four position collapsible stock
some type of polymer handguard
round count unknown
in great condition, has the usual AK receiver scratches from operation of the safety lever
dunno if this is 922 compliant or not, but If I can locate the piston & trigger parts I have around there I'll include them in the sale
I'll also include two 30rd mags, one Tapco polymer and one metal of unknown origin
It's got electrolytes that plants crave!
$575, ftf portland, not interested in shipping

Your rifle is 922(r) compliant as it sits. The handguard, pistol grip, but stock, mag body, mag follower and mag floorplate are good to go.

You in the Oregon guard?

Sending PM.

SF-

...no difference really, an ak is an ak.......I don't know a lot about them as I'm more of an ar guy. Perhaps some of the local guru's could chime in here, but I believe the mak90's were imported during the clinton ban, but were 'sporterized' with thumbole stocks, low cap mags, and no muzzle breaks. then there's some bit of trivia about some of 'em having slant cut ends vs straight cut (as this one is) which can affect what furniture you can throw on. from the bit of reading I've done about these (not a lot), the norinco's seem to be well respected, more so than the wasr's, etc, and I don't know whether there are multiple variants or not....any ak guys here that can give absolkuterik07 a more informed answer?

...no difference really, an ak is an ak.......I don't know a lot about them as I'm more of an ar guy. Perhaps some of the local guru's could chime in here, but I believe the mak90's were imported during the clinton ban, but were 'sporterized' with thumbole stocks, low cap mags, and no muzzle breaks. then there's some bit of trivia about some of 'em having slant cut ends vs straight cut (as this one is) which can affect what furniture you can throw on. from the bit of reading I've done about these (not a lot), the norinco's seem to be well respected, more so than the wasr's, etc, and I don't know whether there are multiple variants or not....any ak guys here that can give absolkuterik07 a more informed answer?

You pretty much nailed it, except that these were modified in response to Bush 41's 1989 ban (still in effect, BTW), not Clinton's 1994 ban. A rifle with a straight cut receiver is the best version of these, as it is then easier to 'deneuter' it back into a respectable Type 56 clone. Norincos are considered some of the best AKs available.

Keith

Norinco MAK90's have the following:

Thicker receivers
Extra support at the rear of the receiver
Thicker barrels
machined thin 'fins' that the Chinese feel help cool the barrel under heavy rates of fire
Chrome lined barrels

Best valued "AK" (this really is an AKM copy not AK.... Yes I am an AKoholic) for Utilitarian purposes. Because of the thicker receiver whatever aftermarket stock set up you put on the back will need to be modified to fit.

I want this rifle but am not willing to pay the sales tax on it due to the transferring through a WA FFL. If you want an "AK" style rifle that you can pass down to your grandchildren this is it.

SF-

You're right. I bought one brand new in 1995 for $299. Straight cut barrel with no threads were part of what made it a MAK90 and compliant with the rules in place at the time. It came with a 10 round short magazine and accepted 30 rounders. It was a well made gun and I wish I hadn't had to sell it a couple years later. If I had the cash, I'd buy this one now.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.