JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have the option to buy a MAK 90 from a guy I know for $300. it is in excellent shape few rounds fired through it. I don't know much about the MAK 90's but I have done a little research so far. From what I understand the straight cut are worth more. I guess my questions are how much is it worth if it is a straight cut? how do I know its straight cut without removing the stock? And how good of a ak is this compared to all the others out there? I am more of an AR guy so fill me in!

I have the option to buy a MAK 90 from a guy I know for $300. it is in excellent shape few rounds fired through it. I don't know much about the MAK 90's but I have done a little research so far. From what I understand the straight cut are worth more. I guess my questions are how much is it worth if it is a straight cut? how do I know its straight cut without removing the stock? And how good of a ak is this compared to all the others out there? I am more of an AR guy so fill me in!

That seems pretty cheap for a mak-90! usually I see mak-90's going for closer to 600-800

Does it have the thumbhole stock? Also, you will be able to tell just by looking if it it a straight or slant.

Straight on top, Slant Cut on bottom:

2j2c8ba.jpg

Hope this helps.

The price of Mak -90 can vary. There are 2 kinds, one with a milled receiver and one with a stamped. Milled is generally considered "better" as in stronger, but it makes them heavier. But because they are "better" they usually cost more. Obviously the stamped will be lighter.

I have 2 of the stamped ones. First I bought brand new in the box in the late '90's for $350 with all the goodies. Several years ago I found another nice one in a gun shop and managed to pick it up for $350 also.

I would not hesitate to pay $300.

Buy it. That's a good price. Before the crazy gouger business I would never pay more that $350 for a MAK.

I did end up buying the MAK 90. It is a stamped straight cut. It does have the ugly thumbhole stock. It had never been shot till I took it out the other day. Now I just need to figure out what im going to do with it! ha. Basically bought it because I have never owned an AK before and it was a good deal

Great buy. Most would give you at least $450 for it right now, and I would still say it's a good buy. These are very underrated, in my opinion. Traded into one a while back, unfired with the ugly thumbhole stock, and spent the $$ for a nice stock conversion. Very pretty and the trigger is really impressive. You did good. Have fun, it's house money!