Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

MAK 90.... Need your imput on a purchase

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by adams87k, Feb 18, 2014.

1. adams87k

adams87k Astoria, OR New Member

I have the option to buy a MAK 90 from a guy I know for $300. it is in excellent shape few rounds fired through it. I don't know much about the MAK 90's but I have done a little research so far. From what I understand the straight cut are worth more. I guess my questions are how much is it worth if it is a straight cut? how do I know its straight cut without removing the stock? And how good of a ak is this compared to all the others out there? I am more of an AR guy so fill me in!

2. PigNorton91

PigNorton91 Washington Active Member

That seems pretty cheap for a mak-90! usually I see mak-90's going for closer to 600-800

Does it have the thumbhole stock? Also, you will be able to tell just by looking if it it a straight or slant.

Straight on top, Slant Cut on bottom:

2j2c8ba.jpg

Hope this helps.

3. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

The price of Mak -90 can vary. There are 2 kinds, one with a milled receiver and one with a stamped. Milled is generally considered "better" as in stronger, but it makes them heavier. But because they are "better" they usually cost more. Obviously the stamped will be lighter.

I have 2 of the stamped ones. First I bought brand new in the box in the late '90's for $350 with all the goodies. Several years ago I found another nice one in a gun shop and managed to pick it up for $350 also.

I would not hesitate to pay $300.

4. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

What I steal, why can't I get any deals like this haha

Nwcid and (deleted member) like this.
  5. bloodnguts

bloodnguts Seattle Member

What's his #? I'll offer him $350. $300 is an awesome price for either slant or straight.

6. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Buy it. That's a good price. Before the crazy gouger business I would never pay more that $350 for a MAK.

7. adams87k

adams87k Astoria, OR New Member

I did end up buying the MAK 90. It is a stamped straight cut. It does have the ugly thumbhole stock. It had never been shot till I took it out the other day. Now I just need to figure out what im going to do with it! ha. Basically bought it because I have never owned an AK before and it was a good deal

8. TwinStick

TwinStick In the wind Active Member

Pics?

9. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Spend the money and covert it to pistol grip configuration. Norinco MAK-90's are one of the better AK's on the market.

10. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

Buy it NOW!!!

$300 is cheap for either version

11. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Great buy. Most would give you at least $450 for it right now, and I would still say it's a good buy. These are very underrated, in my opinion. Traded into one a while back, unfired with the ugly thumbhole stock, and spent the $$ for a nice stock conversion. Very pretty and the trigger is really impressive. You did good. Have fun, it's house money!

12. cade

cade Hillsboro, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Buy it you won't be sorry

13. tahoe2

tahoe2 Seattle area, Washington state Member

smart move adams87k I'm not much of an AK or an AR guy but those things are pretty fun to blast away with, and worth alot more than you paid, out on the open market. Congrats!