JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Announced well over a year ago, the Gen 3 MBUS sights are finally available.

In stock at Brownells and the Magpul website:

I ordered a set as soon as I got the notification from Brownells today, I'll report what I think of them when they come in!

Announced well over a year ago, the Gen 3 MBUS sights are finally available.

In stock at Brownells and the Magpul website:

I ordered a set as soon as I got the notification from Brownells today, I'll report what I think of them when they come in!
So they lost the side pop-up wings in favor of a slimmer profile which will make it fit more cleanly back by the charging handle, adjustment knob was made more prominent but otherwise everything else is about the same. While these changes are likely seem by many as improvements overall, I see this changing nothing for most buyers. Anyone who previously wouldn't have bought the plastic magpul sights are still unlikely to buy the plastic magpul sights instead of steel and those who would have bought plastic sights still will.

One thing that always cracks me up about BUS is when people have them on a rifle but their scope mount is not a QD mount. The whole notion of BUS is a bit lost if you have to pull out a wrench to get your scope out of the way to use the BUS, that's why I prefer 45 degree offset BUS because regardless of what catastrophe may have taken my primary optic out of play I can just cant the rifle and have a clear line of sight.

So they lost the side pop-up wings in favor of a slimmer profile which will make it fit more cleanly back by the charging handle, adjustment knob was made more prominent but otherwise everything else is about the same. While these changes are likely seem by many as improvements overall, I see this changing nothing for most buyers. Anyone who previously wouldn't have bought the plastic magpul sights are still unlikely to buy the plastic magpul sights instead of steel and those who would have bought plastic sights still will.

One thing that always cracks me up about BUS is when people have them on a rifle but their scope mount is not a QD mount. The whole notion of BUS is a bit lost if you have to pull out a wrench to get your scope out of the way to use the BUS, that's why I prefer 45 degree offset BUS because regardless of what catastrophe may have taken my primary optic out of play I can just cant the rifle and have a clear line of sight.
I'm actually a bigger fan of the changes they made to the front sight, tool less adjustment, and the protective wings aren't ridiculously intrusive/bulky. I believe it also has the front sight post from the MBUS Pro sights, which has a rectangular profile so you can align it to have a wider post, or a finer "precision" post.

Total weight for the set also comes in just under 2 ounces.

I'm actually a bigger fan of the changes they made to the front sight, tool less adjustment, and the protective wings aren't ridiculously intrusive/bulky. I believe it also has the front sight post from the MBUS Pro sights, which has a rectangular profile so you can align it to have a wider post, or a finer "precision" post.

Total weight for the set also comes in just under 2 ounces.
You got me there, tooless adjustment is an improvement. When I clicked on the link I only looked at the rear sight and my commentary was based on that.

You got me there, tooless adjustment is an improvement. When I clicked on the link I only looked at the rear sight and my commentary was based on that.
That and the redesign of the protective wings is what got me interested in them.

One thing I am further curious about, is what took them so long to get these into production!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews