JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen more and more whether in the Classifieds or in personal build photos of guys (and gals) installing their Magpul MBUS sights on backwards. They don't work well at all backwards, and are also more prone to snagging and breakage.

So...Just for everyone who doesn't know. They fold towards the REAR!

Edited since the old links are broken. Here is a pic of them installed correctly:

MBUIS.jpeg

Last Edited:
True, true.... plus, don't over-tighten them or they'll crack. Ask me how I know... LOL!

MI & Troy front BUIS mounted to a gas-block height rails fold forward as they're taller, while receiver height mounted (typically on the hand-guard rail or if you have a taller receiver height gas-block rail) are shorter and fold rearwards.

IMG_1184.JPG

Last Edited:
In that case I would back off that front site a couple of notches onto the handguard rail to get rid of the "hook" created between the sight and the barrel. Too easy to get it hooked or snagged in something.

In that case I would back off that front site a couple of notches onto the handguard rail to get rid of the "hook" created between the sight and the barrel. Too easy to get it hooked or snagged in something.

It's the tall version that doesn't work with receiver height rails. FYI- that HK-style FSP hood comes in HANDY for cracking open cans and bottles! ;)

It's the tall version that doesn't work with receiver height rails. FYI- that HK-style FSP hood comes in HANDY for cracking open cans and bottles! ;)

Well, I would ALMOST call that a design flaw, but the secondary use has me thinking! :p

It's amazing how often I see parts incorrectly installed on AR's listed for sale. You can usually tell from the way the adds are worded that it's not worth trying to help them out either.

I've seen more and more whether in the Classifieds or in personal build photos of guys (and gals) installing their Magpul MBUS sights on backwards. They don't work well at all backwards, and are also more prone to snagging and breakage.

Click each one for an official Magpul photo of them in action. That is all. :D

MBUS® Sight – Front
MBUS® Sight – Rear

In a Erkle voice, "I knew that"..... :eek::eek::p

Click each one for an official Magpul photo of them in action. That is all. :D

MBUS® Sight – Front
MBUS® Sight – Rear
Even Magpul has them backwards:D

Mounting the back up sights "correctly" is not always the greatest thing for some rifles... Well, one rifle anyways. For every other rifle it offers no benefit whatsoever to mount them backwards.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews