JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there any difference between a beretta M9 and a 92fs? If there is, what is it? Also, the M9s the military uses, are they made in the US or Italy? I'm thinking about buying one and want to get as close to an issue one I can. What's the closest?

M9's are made in the USA. Other than markings there is no significant difference between the two. I think the newer 92FS there is a difference in the machining of the lower part of the frame. You can also see it visually, it looks like the frame angles up towards the barrel slightly rather than parallel to it on the M9. There is no mechanical difference to them though. The 92FS I think still comes with three dot sights where the M9 has an " i " sight design with the front dot over a bar rear sight. I have an M9 after owning two 92FS models previously. All were very accurate. Double action trigger pull is improved by installing the mainspring from a 92D. You can pick up some police turn in 92FS models from JGSales for $329.

Beretta sells and markets Italian & US made M92FS and US made M9s & M9A1s (Marine M9 w/ rail) on the civilain market. However, with the new contract award, the US plant is working full time to fill the new US Military order. The good new is now we are able to get excellent Italian made guns (I just bought a new Italian made 92FS at Wholesale Sports for $525).

You can find M9's on Gunbroker and Gunsamerica occasionally. They usually go for a premium price though. I picked up a slightly used one on Gunbroker and its a great shooter and its currently my home defense pistol. Kind of wish I had waited to get the M9A1 railed pistol though so I wouldn't have to use the adapter thingy.

Xmaspics009.jpg

Where do you find a real M9?

You can find M9's on Gunbroker and Gunsamerica occasionally. They usually go for a premium price though. I picked up a slightly used one on Gunbroker and its a great shooter and its currently my home defense pistol.

I picked up an M9 at a local shop new for under $500 last year, they aren't too hard to find, I don't know why they would fetch a premium over a 92FS.

Some of them are special issue commemoratives and they are generally harder to find than the 92fs. I waited till I found one for $450 with the holster and mag pouch but some people are asking 6-700 bucks for them for whatever reasons.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top