JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I am interested in the hex receiver M44, which BTW, is NOT a 91/59 unless it still retains a rifle rear sight as opposed to a carbine rear sight. 91/59s do not have bayonets either.

See, that's an odd one. Apparently there were a small number of M44s that came out of the Tula arsenal that used recycled hex receivers. This one is not, in fact, a 91/59, but is an actual M44. If it was without the integral bayonet then it might be. Now I've just read that these hex M44s are pretty rare, but I have no estimate of how many were made.

Some searching on a couple other forums shows that the value of these is upwards of $150, with pretty much no one willing to pay more than $200 for a perfect rifle that hasn't had the stock refinished.

Listen man, his hex receiver 1944 is a fine gun with a pristine bore. For anyone who collects Mosins or is interested in an unusual Mosin, $125 is a good deal in my opinion.

Last Edited:
I am happy to buy the hex receiver and pay shipping. Please consider this a solid buy if it is not sold.

Just for giggles, a 91/59 is a rifle that has been cut down into a carbine, it still has the rifle rear sight rather than a shorter carbine rear sight. It has NO bayonet.

An M38 is a purpose built carbine, it may or may not have a hex receiver, as receivers were recyled. It will have a rear sight shorter than a rifle from front to back. Hex receivers are going to be somewhat less common however, as production of M38s began after the introduction of the round receiver.

An M44 is identical to an M38 with the addition of an integral folding bayonet. All furniture and sights are the same with the exception of a relief in the stock to accept the bayonet. Again, round receivers will be more common, probably even more so than with an M38.

There are more than likely exceptions to all of the above, but for the most part, it holds true.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.