JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Sherwood
State
Oregon
Just picked up my first CMP garand. Never shot an m1 or even handled one before this! Looking for a small quantity of m2 ball or equivalent ammo so I can shoot it, as long as the price is right.

Yeah I could aquire all the components to reload it myself... some day... but I cant wait until then!

Willing to trade some ammo I have on hand, such as:
-7.62x39
-7mm mauser
-7.5x55 swiss

Can meet anywhere near sherwood or tualatin. PM me with offers, thanks!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
ARPC has Garand matches starting for the summer season soon. 40 rounds of ammo and the match fee is $30. You can't buy just the ammo for that. The requirement is you have to shoot the 35 round match. However, you get to keep your brass for reloading and learn how to shoot a M1 like it is meant to be used.

ARPC has Garand matches starting for the summer season soon. 40 rounds of ammo and the match fee is $30. You can't buy just the ammo for that. The requirement is you have to shoot the 35 round match. However, you get to keep your brass for reloading and learn how to shoot a M1 like it is meant to be used.
I'll have to look into that and attend! Thanks for the information!

Just an fyi.....the old ball ammo is getting more hard to come by as is even the newer equivalent. I have a bit of '52 Korea vintage (in bandoleers) that I wish to sit on for my own use and am reluctant to even use it. Now, you can get a ported gas plug that will allow you to use modern ammunition in the M1 Garand without fear of damaging any parts. There are adjustable or fixed relief plugs that its up to you to decide which you prefer. You can find them on ebay or online shooting supply stores. Low price these days is $30 and up depending. The plug I use is fixed/non-adjustable and the cavity is simply increased in size which in turn lowers the volume of the gas tube, hence lowering pressure without effecting recycling. I use modern 150gr. with good accuracy and no issues. Can't say that when using the old stuff even with the original plug...its just not accurate as I'd like. My Garand has a birth date of 5/44 and is all matching numbers and its probably not the best for competition (have gotten my butt handed to me in M1 matches by old, old-timers), but I love it anyway.

Congrats on getting your CMP M1 and have fun! There is nothing like owning/shooting any of the old military wonders. BTW, there is a way to load the enblocs without getting the proverbial "M1 thumb"...just ask the old timers to show you. :) As for matches, pre-sight in for 200yd before showing up.

Just an fyi.....the old ball ammo is getting more hard to come by as is even the newer equivalent. I have a bit of '52 Korea vintage (in bandoleers) that I wish to sit on for my own use and am reluctant to even use it. Now, you can get a ported gas plug that will allow you to use modern ammunition in the M1 Garand without fear of damaging any parts. There are adjustable or fixed relief plugs that its up to you to decide which you prefer. You can find them on ebay or online shooting supply stores. Low price these days is $30 and up depending. The plug I use is fixed/non-adjustable and the cavity is simply increased in size which in turn lowers the volume of the gas tube, hence lowering pressure without effecting recycling. I use modern 150gr. with good accuracy and no issues. Can't say that when using the old stuff even with the original plug...its just not accurate as I'd like. My Garand has a birth date of 5/44 and is all matching numbers and its probably not the best for competition (have gotten my butt handed to me in M1 matches by old, old-timers), but I love it anyway.

Congrats on getting your CMP M1 and have fun! There is nothing like owning/shooting any of the old military wonders. BTW, there is a way to load the enblocs without getting the proverbial "M1 thumb"...just ask the old timers to show you. :) As for matches, pre-sight in for 200yd before showing up.
Thanks! I'll manage.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.