Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
HighLine Firearms
Sporting Systems
Oregon Rifleworks
Defensive Arts
Reactions
Just wondering some opinions on the value or what someone might pay for a used, in great condition Socom 16 with EO tech 512 sight, four 20 rnd mags and 840 rounds of .308

Thanks

Reactions
It depends if the rifle is the earlier version or is a later SOCOM II. Also are the magazines aftermarket produced or factory Springfield magazines.As for the ammo, is it new USA factory made or reloads, surplus, Russian made? A little more info can provide a more accurate price whether selling or buying.

Reactions
Well, I'm not sure what yours is worth specifically, but with a bit of googlin' it would appear that a new socom-16 goes for around $1500 or so. If I was selling that gun as a package with the optic and ammo I would maybe start at $1900 or so and then if it doesn't sell drop the price by $100 every week when I bump.

Also, brotip: You will probably make more if you split the package up. Separately I would start the rifle with the mags at $1400 and drop by $50 every week, and start the optic at maybe $350 and drop by $25 every week. I don't have a good idea of what south african .308 is worth so I'll leave that one up to you to figure out.

That's my best guess anyway. :)

spider

Reactions
I would say 2200obo, considering 1200-1500 for the socom and mags, 200-300 for eotech and 300-450 for ammo.
You can't even get into a regular M1A for less then 1200, let alone one that has 16" barrel with a fancy muzzle brake and tritium front post....

Reactions
It depends if the rifle is the earlier version or is a later SOCOM II.

Actually the Socom 16 and the Socom II are different rifles. The Socom II has the big aluminum railed forend, they should be marked on the op-rod.

You are just about a month to late, I just got a Socom 16 after watching for a used one. I just paid $1400 for a brand new one. Like suggested above, I would break them up.

Reactions
Thank You, for some of the honest realistic figures...I just hate selling guns, the M1A is supposed to be the SHTF weapon, but when wanting to fund other projects..ideas start spinning.

Reactions
sorry, not interested in trades, I would need the cash to put towards other things, still thinking about letting it go, so when I'm ready I will post in classifieds..

Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Sporting Systems
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Cerberus Training Group
NW Custom Firearms
DSG Arms
Southwest Firearms Forum
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Project Appleseed

Upcoming Events

Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Eagle Creek, OR