Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

M1A Socom 16

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Cell Block 726, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Cell Block 726

Cell Block 726 Oregon Member

Just wondering some opinions on the value or what someone might pay for a used, in great condition Socom 16 with EO tech 512 sight, four 20 rnd mags and 840 rounds of .308

Thanks

2. I'll give ya $300 for it, so long as you include a case.:D

3. 3 AE

3 AE Oregon Member

It depends if the rifle is the earlier version or is a later SOCOM II. Also are the magazines aftermarket produced or factory Springfield magazines.As for the ammo, is it new USA factory made or reloads, surplus, Russian made? A little more info can provide a more accurate price whether selling or buying.

4. Cell Block 726

Ealier model probably..puchased in 06, 2 S/A mags 2 pro mags, 840 rnds of south african in sealed 140 rnd battle packs.

5. I take it that's a no to my offer.

6. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Well, I'm not sure what yours is worth specifically, but with a bit of googlin' it would appear that a new socom-16 goes for around $1500 or so. If I was selling that gun as a package with the optic and ammo I would maybe start at $1900 or so and then if it doesn't sell drop the price by $100 every week when I bump.

Also, brotip: You will probably make more if you split the package up. Separately I would start the rifle with the mags at $1400 and drop by $50 every week, and start the optic at maybe $350 and drop by $25 every week. I don't have a good idea of what south african .308 is worth so I'll leave that one up to you to figure out.

That's my best guess anyway. :)

7. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

:thumbup:
    Props to you sir, because you tried when others wouldn't dare.
    :bluelaugh:

8. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Heck I'd give ya $800 :)

9. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I would say 2200obo, considering 1200-1500 for the socom and mags, 200-300 for eotech and 300-450 for ammo.
    You can't even get into a regular M1A for less then 1200, let alone one that has 16" barrel with a fancy muzzle brake and tritium front post....

10. bmgm37

bmgm37 Coos Bay Active Member

Actually the Socom 16 and the Socom II are different rifles. The Socom II has the big aluminum railed forend, they should be marked on the op-rod.

You are just about a month to late, I just got a Socom 16 after watching for a used one. I just paid $1400 for a brand new one. Like suggested above, I would break them up.

11. Cell Block 726

Thank You, for some of the honest realistic figures...I just hate selling guns, the M1A is supposed to be the SHTF weapon, but when wanting to fund other projects..ideas start spinning.

12. It almost never hurts to ask.

13. Zombie-hunter1

Zombie-hunter1 Vancouver Member

I saw one new at the gun show for $1,300. Take it for what it's worth. I'm interesed when u come up with a figure. :thumbup:

14. Zombie-hunter1

Zombie-hunter1 Vancouver Member

PM'd U

15. sir-frogman

sir-frogman Prineville Or. Member

Are you interested in trade plus a little cash?

16. Cell Block 726

sorry, not interested in trades, I would need the cash to put towards other things, still thinking about letting it go, so when I'm ready I will post in classifieds..