JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just recently purchased my first M1A MA9827. Yes it is a tack driver and I love it. But the thing is long. I knew what I was buying and it fits perfect. My question is about the socom 16. How accurate is it to say 300 yards and beyond. I want a CQBR and the ar platform it not really what I prefer. Im thinking about the little socom. So thoughts. Thanks

I've run a Socom16 in an EBR stock...and it ran great. I even took it through a carbine course. As Dan mentions, be realistic.......these are quite heavy as are the 20/25 rd loaded mags. IMO, weapons manipulations will generally be quicker with an AR, but 308 rings the steel a lot harder:)

And I agree that 300 was no problem with radway or battlepack ammo (DAG or SA).

I have a SOCOM 16.....in a Rogue bullpup chassis....i've stretched it out to 500yds, with no problems. It's not a surgical instrument, you could hit a Man size target with ease. I plan on taking it out to 1000yds soon...........I'll let you know how it works out.

My question is about the socom 16. How accurate is it to say 300 yards and beyond. I want a CQBR and the ar platform it not really what I prefer. Im thinking about the little socom. So thoughts. Thanks

They can be quite accurate, but as DW pointed out 'it's not a surgical instrument'.

This is my CQB-16 EBR type SEI.

CQB-16-II.JPG

The muzzle device and front sight I'm using

1005-SS-Brake.jpg

The YouTube video

I hope that helps.

H2O

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the 18" barrel of the squad scout.. I get inch groups at 100, and i put a normal gi flash suppressor- not a big fan of the socom's 16 barrel with a brake, I like whats left of my hearing, and the blinding ball of fire when you shoot about sunset is not appreciated. I have shot the 18" gun out to 500yds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top