JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to try my M&P9 out at speed steel next month and need to get 3 more mags. Has anyone tried the ProMag magazines? I see they have a 50/50% on the reviews online but figured Id ask here too. At $20 a piece its way better than the $43 I have found the factory mags at.

I've never seen a good review of Pro mag and my experience you would be better of getting a metal trash can and some lighter fluid to burn your money at least that way it is just gone. If you buy a pro mag you will have the perpetual issue of "just trying it one more time, it worked once"

I want to try my M&P9 out at speed steel next month and need to get 3 more mags. Has anyone tried the ProMag magazines? I see they have a 50/50% on the reviews online but figured Id ask here too. At $20 a piece its way better than the $43 I have found the factory mags at.

I have had many over many decades shooting. The bottom line is avoid them. I have some that work. Always bought when nothing else was easy to find. Some worked out of the package. Often it takes tweaking to make them work. I NEVER use them for anything other than range.

If the mag for your gun is factory at $40 and PM's are $20 I would say how many working mags do you have? If plenty and you want to try these as range mags, ok. Don't buy too many till you test them. If you don't have a "comfortable supply of OEM mags now? Spend the money on more Factory OEM first.

I bought a pair of ProMags for my AK74, only one of them works as it should, the second has been replaced once and still doesn't quite work right. Doesn't always lock into place, and feed issues with 1-2 of 30 rounds. I'm eagerly awaiting Magpul to get their stock out to the retailers, Circle 10's are a bit too expensive in my book.

I also have an 8-round for my Ruger P90, no issues so far with that one. So, I guess it's luck of the draw; fortunately, they do seem to be decent at honoring their warranty and sending replacements.

Unless Promags for your M&P9 are their one good product, there are no good Promags in my experience. I believe all the negative reviews of Promag products are accurate as they duplicate my experience. Promag is a blight in the world of aftermarket products.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top