JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking about picking up a Gen 1 M&P 40C pistol. Will Gen 1 M&P full size barrels fit and function in the Gen 1 compact?

Will M&P 2.0 Compact barrels fit and function in Gen 1 compact?

Supposedly it worked for this guy's pistol but others have said the full size barrel won't work in the compact.

1000002680.jpg

Source: https://www.mp-pistol.com/threads/m-p-full-size-barrel-in-a-compact.36232/#lg=thread-36232&slide=11

Last Edited:
Looks like I will be answering the questions myself. I pulled the trigger on buying the 40C in combination with a rifle today. If I had waited and bought them separate, I don't think I would have gotten as good of a deal. And it was the only used 40C they had left in stock. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow but will have to dig around in my piles to find the Gen 1 full size barrels and the 2.0 barrels both full size and compact. Might not happen until Sunday.

I am thinking about picking up a Gen 1 M&P 40C pistol. Will Gen 1 M&P full size barrels fit and function in the Gen 1 compact?

Will M&P 2.0 Compact barrels fit and function in Gen 1 compact?

Supposedly it worked for this guy's pistol but others have said the full size barrel won't work in the compact.

View attachment 1811662

Source: https://www.mp-pistol.com/threads/m-p-full-size-barrel-in-a-compact.36232/#lg=thread-36232&slide=11
Looks like I will be answering the questions myself. I pulled the trigger on buying the 40C in combination with a rifle today. If I had waited and bought them separate, I don't think I would have gotten as good of a deal. And it was the only used 40C they had left in stock. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow but will have to dig around in my piles to find the Gen 1 full size barrels and the 2.0 barrels both full size and compact. Might not happen until Sunday.
Sorry I'm not gonna be any help with the original question...

However, I am curious why you're wanting to run a full size barrel in the compact? Are you looking forna slight velocity increase? Is the full size barrel threaded?

Sorry I'm not gonna be any help with the original question...

However, I am curious why you're wanting to run a full size barrel in the compact? Are you looking forna slight velocity increase? Is the full size barrel threaded?
I already own factory 9mm and 357 sig full size Gen 1 barrels and a storm lake 40 to 9mm full size conversion barrel. I didn't want to have to order more barrels for a gun that will be shot very infrequently.

Preliminary suggest that M&P 2.0 barrels will not work in Gen 1 compact slide. They appear to share a similar lug pattern but with some differences around the barrel circumference near the chamber. I installed the 2.0 barrels in the Gen 1 slide and the slide would not slide back far enough for the slide lock to engage in the slide. It was close but need another 1/8th inch or so of travel for the slide lock to engage. I think I will give up on the idea of using the 2.0 barrels and search for Gen 1 compact barrels in 9mm and 357sig. Maybe one day in retirement I will attempt to modify the barrel or slide to make the 2.0 barrels fit but I don't have time or motivation to deal with it now.

1000002692.jpg

1000002691.jpg

1000002693.jpg

1000002696.jpg

1000002695.jpg

The 2.0 barrels are on the left and middle, Gen 1 barrel is on the right. I believe that 2.0 barrels could be ground down to share a profile more similar to the Gen 1 barrel but I don't know if that would prevent them from functioning in the 2.0 slides? Probably better to buy some Gen 1 Compact barrels instead.

1000002693.jpg

Problem has been solved!

I found a factory 9mm Gen 1 full size barrel that I picked up from @JohnH many moons ago. It shares the same lug pattern and barrel shape as the M&P 40C barrel. I installed it and it fits great. It locks back fine and is fairly tight in the barrel hood area where it fits in the slide. Accuracy shouldn't be an issue.

I have a M&P Gen 1 full size 357 sig barrel around here somewhere and it should work as well.

1000002697.jpg

1000002698.jpg

1000002702.jpg

1000002704.jpg

1000002703.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR