JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Eugene
State
Oregon
I need a Lyman cast bullet handbook please. Condition is not important as I need the data for my cast bullet reloading. Thanks for looking.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Only one page for the 303 British, and no 155gr. But here's the page....
20211013_174732.jpg

I need some data for 155g bullets for my 303 british please. A picture would be great
The data sent by umrek would be correct when you add a gas check. My old Lyman #44 manual list the same 311466 bullet at 155 grs. with gas check. I weighed a 30 cal. gas check and the 4 gr weight is correct. My book lists two additional powders that can be used.

2400 20.0 gr. starting 24 gr. max.
IMR 4227 25.0 gr. starting 28.0gr. max

It also lists a load of 11.0 grs. Unique at 1610 FPS as their most accurate load.

The data sent by umrek would be correct when you add a gas check. My old Lyman #44 manual list the same 311466 bullet at 155 grs. with gas check. I weighed a 30 cal. gas check and the 4 gr weight is correct. My book lists two additional powders that can be used.

2400 20.0 gr. starting 24 gr. max.
IMR 4227 25.0 gr. starting 28.0gr. max

It also lists a load of 11.0 grs. Unique at 1610 FPS as their most accurate load.
Wow, your data looks great, thanks a lot, the 11.
0 grs of unique will be my next loading

Wow, your data looks great, thanks a lot, the 11.
0 grs of unique will be my next loading
Also noted in the manual is the following info for the 303 British

"An extreme variation in groove diameters exist in rifles chambered for this cartridge. In rifles which we have checked diameters range from .309" to .317". We suggest you slug your barrel before reloading. ********
Cast bullets should be sized as near groove diameter as possible. Bullet #311466 should not be used where a sizing diameter larger then .311" is required."

Hope this helps. There is more info about jacketed bullets as well if you are interested.

Also noted in the manual is the following info for the 303 British

"An extreme variation in groove diameters exist in rifles chambered for this cartridge. In rifles which we have checked diameters range from .309" to .317". We suggest you slug your barrel before reloading. ********
Cast bullets should be sized as near groove diameter as possible. Bullet #311466 should not be used where a sizing diameter larger then .311" is required."

Hope this helps. There is more info about jacketed bullets as well if you are interested.
Thanks, I may get back to you, great info

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.