JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
870 is a fine gun as it is, I only question the usefullness of "upgrades", see a lot of guys throwing a ton of money at items that really have no purpose other than looking "cool". See a ton of guns out there for sale that have been upgraded to the point of being ridiculous. Most let them go cheap or keep them, they would be better off parting them out.

Add up what you are going to spend and the value of your shotgun, it will probably equal the cost of a really nice "tactical" shotgun.

buy what you want, don't try and build it, always a better deal.

You are correct and some of the upgrades would hurt the reliability ! I guess it is the same mindset of turning a SKS into a AK or a 10/22 into a tactical . Once you start to monkey with perfection it will turn around and bite you . Even in the prison we use the 870 with a 6 shot mag from the factory I count on it if need be and need something that works period .

Bought an 870 with a 28" barrel years ago and the only things I've changed are adding a Limbsaver pad, buttstock shell holder and buying a 20" barrel with rifle sights for shooting slugs. The only other thing I would consider adding is a tube extension (holds 4 shells currently). Unlike some of my other guns, I have no desire to tinker with it beyond this. Even with the 4+1 shell limit that doesn't bother me. I figure if I ever need more than that I'm probably using the wrong gun for the situation and should be using my AR.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top