JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just fishing for anyone who might of come up with a Star Firestar Plus (M243) 13 rd. 9mm mag since the last postings. I've been checking all the referenced sites and contacts provided in the previous postings as well, but thought I'd ask everyone in general.
If you have a Firestar Plus mag in .40 S&W, I understand it is/has the same outside dimensions as the 9mm, and I have parts to convert it so I'd be interested in that as well.

Thanks,
Hoss

Last Edited:
Check the Numrich website. It looks like they have the 9mm mags.
Yeah, those are Pro-Mags, 20 and 30 rounders. I don't buy Pro-Mag due to poor performance, never mind an extended capacity pistol mag which typically don't feed well. I can alter a double stack 10 or 15 round S&W 6000 series or Ruger P85 if I have to, but thought I'd look around first.
Thanks though!

The Firestar plus .40 mm mag works without any mods. Both S&W 5906 and S&W 6906 mags work with a new slot cut in them, and Beretta 92FS mags work with a new slot cut in them. Basically the Firestar mags were made by MecGar , and there are options . My Firestar Plus has become my new winter carry gun. Turns out that it fits the same holsters as my Colt Defender, and is a lot cheaper if I lost it for some reason . :)

Thanks, good to know. I do think I read that the .40 mag works. I really like the Firestar Plus, but I'm so used to my Ruger P85 as my everyday carry, if I switched it up I don't think I'd be as competent/confident in my technique, at least until I got more hours into the Firestar and decided to carry it regularly, but there's no reason to at the moment. It's a great nightstand or truck backup though.

For EDC, in summer I use P938 and/or Colt Mustang. I'm not real happy carrying single action BUT they shoot so well that I've had to adapt my thought processes. :)
The Firestar plus fits well in this rotation .

For EDC, in summer I use P938 and/or Colt Mustang. I'm not real happy carrying single action BUT they shoot so well that I've had to adapt my thought processes. :)
The Firestar plus fits well in this rotation .

Yes, I realize it's not popular, but in the right hands, a single action is a formidable gun. A lot of people for a long time got the drop on someone else with a single action. I spend time 'instinct shooting' (draw while pulling on the hammer, pointing from the hip, squeeze) with my Ruger Super Blackhawk 44mag, and I actually can draw and shoot faster (first round, using a classic drop holster cowboy rig) than with my P85; and I can draw and put one in the center mass ring in less than 2.5 seconds with the P85 pretty regular, so that's saying something.;)

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.