JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Ruger
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Stevenson
State
Washington
I have been trying to get my wife into shooting for a while and she fell in love with shooting a friend's .22 revolver. This is a gun I could get excited about too as I LOVE the SP101 platform. I am interested in hearing about what is out there but our ability to make moves like this can be highly conditional.

Cheers!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
very desireable pistol, I've never seen one pop up here. Have you checked gunbroker?
I have looked around a bit. I am not in a rush and considering I can't find one new or used it is either super popular or (my preferred notion) Ruger is doing a QC pass on all of their revolvers which has led to some scarcity. Just about every Ruger revolver I come across, read about or viewed on YT in recent years has sticky cylinders. They don't finish their cylinder chambers properly to begin with. I bought my own medium-fine and fine hones for my own SP101 .357 because of that. My last SP101 would not eject a hot .357 magnum brass of any kind in a normal manner. (Edited to add:) My current one is the same. Now I can fix my SP101 and my friend's who bought my last one.

I just thought I would post to get an owner thinkin" of an easy sale (again if the Universe is in proper alignment on our end). Maybe someone will have mercy.

Thank you for offering the suggestion and sorry for my long editorial LOL.

I have looked around a bit. I am not in a rush and considering I can't find one new or used it is either super popular or (my preferred notion) Ruger is doing a QC pass on all of their revolvers which has led to some scarcity. Just about every Ruger revolver I come across, read about or viewed on YT in recent years has sticky cylinders. They don't finish their cylinder chambers properly to begin with. I bought my own medium-fine and fine hones for my own SP101 .357 because of that. My last SP101 would not eject a hot .357 magnum brass of any kind in a normal manner. (Edited to add:) My current one is the same. Now I can fix my SP101 and my friend's who bought my last one.

I just thought I would post to get an owner thinkin" of an easy sale (again if the Universe is in proper alignment on our end). Maybe someone will have mercy.

Thank you for offering the suggestion and sorry for my long editorial LOL.
Interesting issue and cool fix. After my post I checked GB since I'd love one myself. One available on all on GB site, $900. :(

The SP101 in .22 LR does appear to be quite a precious commodity! I have been interested in getting one for years but now my wife "needs" it haha! Good luck in your search as well 👍

Ah, I just saw one at J&B Firearms in Beaverton, OR. Forgot what they are asking for it, but it looked good. Think they will ship, but call them to be sure.

I think I am just going to add a Mark IV to the stable when I can so I am going to close this plea. For posterity, my comment on Ruger leaving their cylinders a little rough was mainly on the SP101's I have owned and seen reviewed and those were in .357 Magnum. Gemini Customs ordering process even states it is an issue so make sure your SP101 will dump hot .357 mag shells because reloading a revolver is hard enough if you ever have to use it. Cheers.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.