JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, a good friend of mine has an old colt sp1, that has the janky front pivot screw/pins, not the current slide out type.
Does anyone know where to get replacement parts, to make it compatible with new uppers? ie. the small push pins.

IIRC.....there weren't exactly conversion "push pins". The replacement was more like a new off set screw which allowed the small pin uppers to mate with the old SP1.

BUT.....

i-know-nothing-nothing.jpg

And, things could have changed.

Aloha, Mark

Part of the charm of the SP-1 is that it has lots of strange parts. The screw type front take down pin is only one of several. Why not keep it OEM? Just me.

hundreds of builds but years and years ago. Now an old coot. :)

Last Edited:
One of the rifles I've kept is a Colt sporter made during the Ban era. It has the screw for a pivot. I've thought about changing it but never have gone to the bother.

Maybe, I read this wrong from the start?

I thought that you were looking for a replacement screw/pin. To fit a small hole upper with the old large hole SP1 lower. Rrrright......use the part in the picture (post #4) for that.

BUT.......
If you are just looking to get a push pin to replace the original SP1 screw arrangement.....same hole size upper and lower.....then, that's a different-looking part. I believe that they are still available.

SP1-push-pin-for-old-Colts.jpg
Rrrrright...... they don't exactly look like a push pin (as we know them today). Like these.
AR15-push-pin-today.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS...
Note what is said about small hole vs big hole.

check with Model One.
https://www.model1sales.com/index.c...onid=65FA048FEF378033C75C979C1928CEBC.cfusion

Last Edited:
One of the rifles I've kept is a Colt sporter made during the Ban era. It has the screw for a pivot. I've thought about changing it but never have gone to the bother.
I took out the Colt Target Match, it has a 1/4 inch hinge. This thread has stimulated me to finally get something that is quick detachable, such as sold at Brownell's, what's another $20 plus shipping down the dumper hole??

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top