JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i have decided to put together an AR from scratch, I do have firearm experience but this being my first ground up build I am looking to have someone check my work and able to kind of walk me through the rest of the process. I want to be completely sure this riffle is in safe working order before shooting it. Upper and lower are complete and the barrel/FF rail/ & gas assembly will be here in a few days. So anyone out there with a lot of AR building experience would like to help me out it would be much appreciated!

here is how it sits as of now...

DKJL;FAES.jpg

Brownells has a free multi part video on AR15 builds.. I am using it for my first solo build and it has been of great assistance. I used Download Helper in Mozilla to save it to my hard drive and I can now start and stop it any time, anywhere in the video, off line

Buy some 100 MPH or Gorilla tape to mask off parts of your lower to protect the finish as you assemble

as you can see in the pictures, the upper and lower are already assembled. I was looking for some check the head space and help install the barrel and FF tube since i do not have the tools for the and maybe take a peak at the rest of the gun to check my work.

as you can see in the pictures, the upper and lower are already assembled. I was looking for some check the head space and help install the barrel and FF tube since i do not have the tools for the and maybe take a peak at the rest of the gun to check my work.

As long as the barrel came with the extension installed the headspace should be good to go. Very rarely is there headpsace problems unless you mess with the extension. Find some one with a good FF wrench and an action block and the rest is easy. Those are the only two specialty tools I needed to do my AR

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top