JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How is that for comfort? you know, it does look alot better then carrying at 1 but I have no first hand experience either way.

I've always carried at the 8 or 9 o'clock position with a variety of IWB holsters (I have the obligatory drawer full of holsters that I don't use). It's by far the most comfortable and practical as far as I'm concerned. In regard to specific holsters, my most comfortable have been the Crossbreed Supertuck and the MTAC Minotaur. The MTAC has the advantage of being able to order separate inserts for specific pistols which saves some money as compared to buying a new holster. I also like the ability to choose what type of attachment clips you want...I prefer c-clips.

Appendix carry points the muzzle too close to the family jewels for my comfort, and can be very uncomfortable when sitting.

update and a question. I picked up a M tack Minotaur for my p30 and it seems to fit well but my weapon seems to imprint pretty badly. Is there any way to counter the imprinting?

I used a Glaco IWB at 5 o'clock for about a year. Other than just making sure that what I was wearing covered the grips, it was fairly comfortable, and the Galco is only like $20.

I think I just have to adjust it some. I had just noticed then if I had to twist or bend over, I could see the outline of the grip.

Another thing, what do you guys do when your in public and have to take a leak, how do you keep your pants semi up after undoing your belt? It was quite embarrassing standing there, trying to go and hold my shorts up at the same time.

I don't take a leak in public, I go into the restroom.

I have a BDU belt that's extralong, I just let it out some and undo the button and pull the zipper down. I hold the pants up with my right hand on the belt and use the left hand for business.

I use a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe with the J-clips as the standard steel clips put holes in my shirts.

1) carrying at 1-oclock may be part of the problem. I'd try 3-5 and see if any better.

2) peeing is easy- just unzip and do thing. It's when it's time to drop the kids off that things become fun!!!

I think I just have to adjust it some. I had just noticed then if I had to twist or bend over, I could see the outline of the grip.

Another thing, what do you guys do when your in public and have to take a leak, how do you keep your pants semi up after undoing your belt? It was quite embarrassing standing there, trying to go and hold my shorts up at the same time.

Just go through the zipper if you have to pee in public. That way you don't have to release the belt. Also, if you have to make "number two", don't set it on the toilet paper holder, or the back of the toilet. I know more than one person, including cops, who have walked off without their gun. To be honest, one of the reasons I don't carry the p30 anymore was that is was too much gun to carry comfortably in all situations. A great pistol, and great to carry if your wardrobe allows; but hardly worth changing everything to allow comfortable concealed carry. I now carry a Glock 27 when its cool out, and a Khar p380 if its warm or I am going to have a tucked in shirt and no jacket. Just something to consider!

Carrying has less to do with the gun, and more with the holster/body type/clothing. Some guys can carry a full size 1911 or Glock longslides and have 0 issues. I have a hard time with a G26 or an EMP. Dressing around your setup can be annoying but is sometimes necessary. Researching what holsters carry your particular model well for your body type, etc.

I'd browse/post on HKpro or M4carbine. the guys on there love their P30's and I'm sure you'll probably get a lil more feedback to your situation there.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top