JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking of beginners....and the single station press.
Out of the box......do you know how to set up/adjust a die?
Then, will the next question be about having trouble with getting the right amount of resizing, getting a crimp at the right spot, etc....? Isn't it just easier to deal with one die at a time? Versus, three (maybe four) dies mounted on the turret head and with the progressive movement/action going on at the same time?

Not saying that it can't be done. BUT THEN.....some people are smarter than others. No doubt. AND, having the right mentor is always good to have.

But it was my opinion.

BTW.....I started on a single stage and have moved to progressive machines. BUT, that being said....I still have use for that single station press. So, the investment in the single stage was not lost.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....the cost of a progressive can be a prohibiting/limiting factor in a beginner's quest at getting started in reloading.

Only $150 difference. OMG! FYI....just last year I picked up a used single station RCBS Partner press for $20 at a small gun show in WA.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top