JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This things looks awesome. No functional buffer. Ultra low recoil. If it was a little under half the price I would buy one. But for $4500 msrp? My AR10 is gonna do just fine instead.

Last Edited:
An AR10 in 308 has "recoil"? I thought that was just an impulse with noise, my single shot 500 Mag has recoil, far worse than my 500 Mag revolver, as you have two wrists, elbows, and shoulders to absorb recoil. I must admit though, my AR10 does recoil substantially more than my AR15's, except the two Beowulf's, that's another story. Looks like a really cool concept, but I agree about the price.

An AR10 in 308 has "recoil"? I thought that was just an impulse with noise, my single shot 500 Mag has recoil, far worse than my 500 Mag revolver, as you have two wrists, elbows, and shoulders to absorb recoil. I must admit though, my AR10 does recoil substantially more than my AR15's, except the two Beowulf's, that's another story. Looks like a really cool concept, but I agree about the price.
Yea you have a point. Ian McCollum did a great video on the history of the ar15 and explained the whole concept was designed for the ar10 and the buffer system was needed to reduce recoil of the .308. Then when they downsized it for .556 they left the buffer in place even though the need to reduce recoil wasn't there anymore really with 556. The buffer system is tailor made for the ar10 as I understand it. I've heard the pof revolution .308 also has almost no recoil and only costs $2200-$2400 or whatever it is now.

The coolest long recoil gun I've seen is that 50 cal whose name escapes me at the moment (not barret). Man that thing looks cool (and fun).

Edit: found it. Lynx bullpup long recoil 50 bmg. Great sage rat gun :s0070:

Last Edited:
Yea you have a point. Ian McCollum did a great video on the history of the ar15 and explained the whole concept was designed for the ar10 and the buffer system was needed to reduce recoil of the .308. Then when they downsized it for .556 they left the buffer in place even though the need to reduce recoil wasn't there anymore really with 556. The buffer system is tailor made for the ar10 as I understand it. I've heard the pof revolution .308 also has almost no recoil and only costs $2200-$2400 or whatever it is now.

The coolest long recoil gun I've seen is that 50 cal whose name escapes me at the moment (not barret). Man that thing looks cool (and fun).

Edit: found it. Lynx bullpup long recoil 50 bmg. Great sage rat gun :s0070:

That's a bit about the AR10/15 that I really didn't know. Very interesting! I know the workings of them and how to assemble or repair them but not a lot of history.

I have to wonder how essential the brake is to operation. In my Barrett manual, under the trouble shooting section for heavy recoil the suggestion is to check the brake is still in place. Makes me think that since this guy largely based his concept on the Barrett .50 that replacing the brake with a flash hider or suppressor might increase recoil substantially

What's old is new again.

John Browning developed a long recoil rifle way back when. It was known at the Remington Autoloading Rifle. It was introduced in 1905 and was later termed the Model 8 and Model 81.
Shooting one is different as the recoil is a shuffle, more than a direct kick.

What's old is new again.

John Browning developed a long recoil rifle way back when. It was known at the Remington Autoloading Rifle. It was introduced in 1905 and was later termed the Model 8 and Model 81.
Shooting one is different as the recoil is a shuffle, more than a direct kick.
And they are *awesome*, as is his A5 shotgun design.

As well as the barrel being in a sightly different spot for every shot since it moves and you can't take out all the play
Not the first design with a barrel that moves, the first one that comes to mind is a rifle I kinda want, the GM6 Lynx. They claim sub-MOA accuracy, but I'd expect it'd be closer to what is average for a semiauto .50 BMG in general.

Not the first design with a barrel that moves, the first one that comes to mind is a rifle I kinda want, the GM6 Lynx. They claim sub-MOA accuracy, but I'd expect it'd be closer to what is average for a semiauto .50 BMG in general.
Garandthumb's video on it showed that one to not have great accuracy actually. I think the company made some other claims. Sure looks cool though and I'd love to have one but no way I would pay $11-$14k or whatever they are now (if they can even be bought still). The opening of that video is absolutely hilarious!

Last Edited:
Garandthumb's video on it showed that one to not have great accuracy actually. I think the company made some other claims. Sure looks cool though and I'd love to have one but no way I would pay $11-$14k or whatever they are now (if they can even be bought still). The opening of that video is absolutely hilarious!

Some claimed to have better results, some less so. Tbh I usually don't have high expectations for .50 BMG as far as precision goes.

For what it is, its not bad. But like other guns, what one is willing to pay is more on what a person wants. This seems more of a collection piece than anything else.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews