Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

long read

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Just Jim, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

2. Decker

Decker My house Active Member

Thanks for this link... it's going to be a while to get it read but I think knowing history is important.

-d

3. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

Does this mean we are in danger of having our nation taken over by the goofy thuggish right wing morons in our midst, like Weimar Germany was?

4. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

The only thugs acting "thuggishly" I have seen has been SEIU and AFSCME thugs pushing people around during lawful assemblies.

They are definitely NOT right wing CEF.

5. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Weimar didn't fall because of the money issue alone, and Hitler couldn't have taken over on the money issue alone.

The rise of Hitler had too many interconnecting threads to believe the money thing caused it...

There was a:

1. Fear of foreigners (i.e. Jews) (modern analogy - Hispanic illegals)

2. Fear of loss of control (rioting in the streets, etc). (Wisconsin, Ohio, etc...)

3. Fear of Communism (modern analogy - Islam extremism)

In addition, Hitler promised something to everyone. Money, jobs, security, repudiation of the hated Treaty of Versailles, ad nauseum. (What modern politician doesn't fit this bill?)

He had a great propaganda machine working for him, make James Carville look like a rookie.