Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Local news teasing serious news stories

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bellarum, Jun 27, 2014.

1. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

Why the hell does the local news tease serious news stories like:
    "child sex offender on the loose....watch the 10:00 news to see if they are in your neighborhood"
    "Armed robbery in Portland...watch the news 2 hours from now to hear a description of the suspect and what part of town it was in."
    If any of these news channels were serious about the publics safety they would interrupt regular broadcasting and inform the public with actual information that would allow us to be on the look out for.../ maybe save someone from.../ defend ourselves from....
    They waste the time "teasing" the info; why not use that time to give us the "actual" info.
    What do you folks think?

2. Qaolin

Qaolin 1 A.U. from a G2 near Beaverton Old Army Cook Silver Supporter

ratings, market-share, why ask why?

3. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Yea, it's lame.. I'll generally not be a sheep about it and search "news" for it and get it done with.
    Half of the "news" is a hook/tease so you'll watch the whole cute tap dance routine.

4. Rocky C

Rocky C Portland Metro Active Member

I swore off local news TV broadcasts about 2 years ago. Too sickening to listen to their teases about what coming up next or how good they did reporting the last storm or whatever.

5. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Ever hear the Eagles song "Dirty Laundry?" there's more truth than poetry in the lyrics. The news is useless except for fantasy and entertainment!

Frankenrifle likes this.
  6. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think it's only worthwhile looking out the window for falling radioactive ash.

Sgt Nambu likes this.