JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got one if the .22LR's with Black plastic grips and NEED 2 of them silly Llama only grip screws. I had a matching .380 but it went bye bye for some bill or something long ago. The .22LR is a well enough functioning pistol but accuracy is a joke.

It's seriously looking to morph into a Rugar mark III 22-45 with the wood grips. Think this weekends gun show will be helping that idea along.

madcratebuilder, you posted a pict of a Llama Identical to one of my brother in law has. He wanted it cleaned but unfamiliar with a 1911 breakdown, which i helped. It appears hardly used and I mentioned this to him. He did not know the story behind it other than what he heard from his now deceased father.

His father was over in the Korean War as supply. The army could not provide a "big boy" gun but did provide this 7.65 (or 32). He has the original holster, but the ID number on it doesn't correspond with anything he knows of. Even a partial box of old 32 ammo.That's it.
My brother in law wants to know more, but all I could determine was with the Y* a 1953 manufacture date and it's an XA model, I think. But I was thinking the XA started in 1954. Plus the walnut grip is still intact without the standard LLama logo.

If this sounds familiar to any one I'd appreciate passing this on for his heirloom.
JBT

madcratebuilder, you posted a pict of a Llama Identical to one of my brother in law has. He wanted it cleaned but unfamiliar with a 1911 breakdown, which i helped. It appears hardly used and I mentioned this to him. He did not know the story behind it other than what he heard from his now deceased father.

His father was over in the Korean War as supply. The army could not provide a "big boy" gun but did provide this 7.65 (or 32). He has the original holster, but the ID number on it doesn't correspond with anything he knows of. Even a partial box of old 32 ammo.That's it.
My brother in law wants to know more, but all I could determine was with the Y* a 1953 manufacture date and it's an XA model, I think. But I was thinking the XA started in 1954. Plus the walnut grip is still intact without the standard LLama logo.

If this sounds familiar to any one I'd appreciate passing this on for his heirloom.
JBT

Actually I have never heard of a Llama being issued in the US Army and can not find any thing that would suggest prior to the Berreta 92f or M-9 being issued any pistol made by a foreign country was issued by the US military since before the Civil War.

And givien the political situation in Spain in the early 50's

a quote from Wiki
"After World War II Spain was politically and economically isolated, and was kept out of the United Nations. This changed in 1955, during the Cold War period, when it became strategically important for the U.S. to establish a military presence on the Iberian peninsula as a counter to any possible move by the U.S.S.R into the Mediterranean basin"

I can't imagine any purchase of a Spanish made pistol for issue by the US Military in any shape or form.

If he got the pistol during the Korean War it wasn't through offical issue.

IMHO

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads