JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got this through Optics Planet - a giveaway for a Leupold VX-3i 4.5x14-50mm rifle scope. Maybe someone from NWFA will win:

Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50mm Riflescope 170708 Giveaway - GearExpert

screenshot-4-550x367.png

I'm always hesitant to sign up with my e-mail address on these give away promotions.
Seems like I start getting unwanted non stop pop up ads afterwards.

I'm always hesitant to sign up with my e-mail address on these give away promotions.

You do. But you can stop them usually with out to much effort. I already get a ton of emails from these sites I figured a couple more wouldn't hurt for the chance to win.

Well, they don't give things away for no reason. I don't have an issue with popups and if they start sending me advertising emails afterward, I just unsubscribe. I'm a bit picky on what I'll enter - usually if it's with a company I already do business with, I'm fine signing up. Random giveaways on sites I don't know, I avoid those.

I've got an older computer and the guy who built it put in two cooling fans.
Whenever I enter into one of these promo's or inadvertently click on an unknown web site the second fan kicks on into high gear with a vengeance.
Not being computer savvy, I've no idea what's going on inside the thing to make it do that.

I've got an older computer and the guy who built it put in two cooling fans.
Whenever I enter into one of these promo's or inadvertently click on an unknown web site the second fan kicks on into high gear with a vengeance.
Not being computer savvy, I've no idea what's going on inside the thing to make it do that.

Not sure what kind of sites your visiting? :rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::D

Nothing I wouldn't show to my Mom. I have learned to not click on anything that says it's a sponsored site when looking at Yahoo news articles.

Don't worry about increased pop ups doing this kind of thing, that's not gonna happen, promotional emails are the only possibility.
'
As for the fans, it's simply the type of page being rendered (drawn) some use more complicated methods, it puts more strain on your older system and causes more heat, thus fans compensate.

I entered you know, because I'm often told that I'm a real winner.
They have a box you can uncheck so you don't receive offers, etc.

I always agree to the terms and uncheck the newsletter box. Never win, but then I only buy one Powerball ticket at a time. Don't win that either. Can't win unless you buy one ticket.

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top