JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$175
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Zip Code
This rifle came with my wife and she does not have any history on it. The bore is good. I have not removed from the stock to inspect. The serial numbers do not match. Located in Vancouver and do not have a preference on gun shops for transfer. I have additional photos I can email directly if interested.

Thanks for looking.

DSCN7693.JPG DSCN7696.JPG DSCN7703.JPG DSCN7704.JPG DSCN7705.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Take a picture of the markings on the wrist, under the bolt handle. Also, a better (clearer) picture of the markings on the barrel knox. Looks like a 44 inspection mark, which means it was put back into service for WW2?

Sad, a peddle scheme rifle . These are a bit more rare that other makes. Too bad it's sporterized.

Peddle scheme rifles were made from components manufactures by a set of smaller companies, companies that could not really make whole rifles, but could contribute. Then the rifles got assembled. That lasted only 2 years, 1917-1918 because BSA and Enfield ramped up production of whole rifles. The rifles went back into service in WW2, especially in the early years, because so much equipment was lost at Dunkirk.

If the bolt was matching, it may be worth restoration. As it is, not really, unless you just want a shooter No.1. Also, these were probably never that good as sporterized hunting rifles to begin with. Accuracy. The barrel on No.1s is pretty thin and was designed for multiple points of support. Without those, it moves, a lot.

Last Edited:
This rifle came with my wife and she does not have any history on it. The bore is good. I have not removed from the stock to inspect. The serial numbers do not match. Located in Vancouver and do not have a preference on gun shops for transfer. I have additional photos I can email directly if interested.

Thanks for looking.

View attachment 1460855 View attachment 1460856 View attachment 1460857 View attachment 1460858 View attachment 1460859
are you into a trade i have a No4 that's shoots

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.