JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good deal. And... if you already have the dies, you could sell these and get half your money back the way people are shelling out cash for 9mm dies right now...

Aside from the fact that this is a progressive, vs the challenger single stage kit, is the 4000, the better bang for your buck?

Simply put the 4000 is a way better deal, I didn't read the ad correctly. Original text in red for posterity's sake.

with the 4000 you still need to grab a powder thrower, scale, reloading manual, etc. to complete the kit. The challenger kit comes with all that.

This is incorrect the deal does come with powder thrower

now that said I would personally change the scale out anyways as I'm not a big fan, and I'm not crazy about off press bench priming. But those are my tastes. You would also have to source 9mm dies to complete.

This is still my opinion regarding the lee scales that come with their kits, and off press bench priming.

IMO the 4000 becomes much more useful with the addition of a case feeder/collator, which is of course sold separately.

the deal above does in fact come with a case feeder!

so basically it all boils down to personal preference, what your needs and your experience are and what your willing to do with or without.

Edit: with correct information.

Last Edited:
with the 4000 you still need to grab a powder thrower, scale, reloading manual, etc. to complete the kit. The challenger kit comes with all that.

now that said I would personally change the scale out anyways as I'm not a big fan, and I'm not crazy about off press bench priming. But those are my tastes. You would also have to source 9mm dies to complete.

IMO the 4000 becomes much more useful with the addition of a case feeder/collator, which is of course sold separately.

so basically it all boils down to personal preference, what your needs and your experience are and what your willing to do with or without.

If we're talking about the kit the the OP posted, Lee seems to think the powder thrower and case feeder are included in the kit. So scale and (if you don't trust the internet) reloading manual.

If we're talking about the kit the the OP posted, Lee seems to think the powder thrower and case feeder are included in the kit. So scale and (if you don't trust the internet) reloading manual.

you are absolutely correct! My apologies I had thought it to be a different kit.

that makes this way more of a deal!!!

@WWShooter thank you for bringing my misrepresentation to light, I edited my original comment with the necessary corrections.

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top