JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted to ask if anyone has had any issues with the LCRX in 22lr, I got a three inch model as a plinker and could only reliably get three out of eight rounds to fire with each cylinder full. At first I thought it might be the ammo, (some of it was poorly stored Aguila) but it would do the same thing with Winchester, CCI, Remington and Aguila ammo. I then loaded the rounds that failed to fire in my SR22 and they fired fine. Sent the revolver back to Ruger and about a week later it came back with a new trigger group, new cylinder and hammer assembly. Just wondering if I got the one lemon or if others have experienced the same issues with this model. My LCRX in 38 Special works great.

I will try to get to the range this weekend and see how the work they did works out, hopefully it works well and this is just an anomaly, I really want it to be a good camping/plinking gun.

Wanted to ask if anyone has had any issues with the LCRX in 22lr, I got a three inch model as a plinker and could only reliably get three out of eight rounds to fire with each cylinder full. At first I thought it might be the ammo, (some of it was poorly stored Aguila) but it would do the same thing with Winchester, CCI, Remington and Aguila ammo. I then loaded the rounds that failed to fire in my SR22 and they fired fine. Sent the revolver back to Ruger and about a week later it came back with a new trigger group, new cylinder and hammer assembly. Just wondering if I got the one lemon or if others have experienced the same issues with this model. My LCRX in 38 Special works great.
Interesting. So it was a timing issue? Did you buy the gun new?

Yes it was new, seemed like good primer strikes on the rim, maybe the pin was too wide. I feel like they just replaced everything that could go wrong and sent it back.

Last Edited: