JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is your friend, just decide what two handguns you'd like to compare and they put them on an overlay with all the specs to compare as well.

Thanks for the link but doesnt have the sig p290 - they are missing quite a few firearms

Took mine to the range, this is going to take practice for me to get used to.. Shooting at an outdoor range where the options are placing targets at 15, 25, and 50 yards. All my shots were at a 12" x 18" target at 15 yards, I missed the complete target at least half the time, even while shooting bench-rest. Fifty shots fired.
My guess is there are two issues I need to adjust to or alter. I typically shoot full-size steel handguns, CZ 9mm, 1911's and the triggers are very light. The LCP being a pocket carry defensive pistol naturally has a much heavier trigger pull, but I was surprised just how heavy the trigger pull is to break the shot. At first I was thinking this has to be a manufacturing error to be this heavy. I am sure I am altering the sight alignment when I shoot.... This should be remedied with practice.
Most comments regarding the sights are about how good they are, but my old eyes do not pickup the front sight well. I have changed all my handguns to a fiber optic front sight, I will probably do the same here.

Took mine to an indoor range where I could shoot at a large target from fifteen feet, consistently shot very low and very left, adjusted the sight windage when I got home. Went back to the outdoor range the next day and shot 100 rounds at 15 yards while holding higher, I have no complaints about the accuracy at that distance. Just have to use a different sight alignment then I have on my other pistols.
I have had no problems feeding or ejecting ammo, it does dent the brass case during ejection if a person reloads and is concerned about that.

I do my share of criticizing manufactures and retailers when there are problems, so I try to offer thanks and recognition when I see the opposite, Ruger customer service just earned my appreciation.
Bottom-line; like some other purchasers of this firearm, I had an issue with the upper assembly, mine were sight related (point of aim / point of impact). I contacted Ruger to ask their opinion and they offered to send me a new upper assembly immediately, just asking that I return them the original in a prepaid package when the replacement arrived.
Problem solved.
Thanks Ruger.