JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those of you that have these. I have been hesitant to carry with safety off. However, considering the extra long trigger pull and that it's double action, would it not be the same as carrying a DAO revolver with the safety off?

For those of you that have these. I have been hesitant to carry with safety off. However, considering the extra long trigger pull and that it's double action, would it not be the same as carrying a DAO revolver with the safety off?

I have carried a Glock, so I don't have a choice and I am okay with that. I just have to be extra aware of what I am doing with the gun. I have a holster with a snap strap that comes of the top. I have to be careful when reholstering and make sure the strap is clear. While I don't think it would have enough tension to jam in the trigger guard and pull the trigger I am not going to take the chance. This is NOT a CCW holster, just what I open carry it in when hunting or going shooting.

I don't know enough about the gun to say weather it's the same or not. I don't know how the functionality compares between them and a revolver. However,which ever way you decided to carry, practice, practice, practice with it.

I just switched from a LC-9 to a XD-S, and that was one of the several reasons to switch. The XD-whatever has two safety devices with the grip safety and trigger safety. The LC-9, if you are right-handed has a slide locking safety on the left side of the gun, you can "sweep it off" with your right thumb. It isn't hard,but not easy either, at least not for me (I broke my wrist five years ago and after the surgery my thumb is weaker and no Physical therapy is going to fix it) anyways my big worry was that I would forget to go hot when things were hot and I needed the gun to shoot. If I always used a dedicated holster with the LC-9, I would not feel bad about leaving the safety off. Except that goes against what little training I have had. I was raised "Safeties On" and it was hard for me to go with the safety off. I carried my LC-9 with the safety on, and let my worries about not taking it off when needed just gnaw on me. I like the LC-9 and I think it shoots fine, The LC-380 should be even nicer to shoot. I have seen enough crime shows to know .380's and .22's are deadly. I have moved up to a .45, but my BUG is a .22 Mag.

I was brought up the same way. If there is a safety, use it. I'm thinking I could get used to carrying safety off. Don't think my wife will ever.

LC380 has not much more recoil than a .22 lr.

I agree that if there is a safety, use it. But I have carried an LCP and a Kahr with long DOA triggers ad no safety and feel comfortable. As wa said....it's just like a revolver.

I have both an LCP and a LC9. Also carry a PPK from on certain occasions. Carry my J-Frame guns also. No safety is ever used because the J's don't have one and the Ruger and the Walther's don't really need them IMHO.

I carry my LC9 IWB, and use the safety purely when holstering the gun mainly to lock the side.
Once it is holstered, I flip off the safety.

The ridiculously long trigger pull to me is safe enough.

The LC's don't need a safety and IMO shouldn't have them. What if you need the thing and forget to flip the safety off? Then you'd be in the deep stuff. The pulls are long double action pulls akin to a J frame for example. Since I'm a leftie, I don't use the safety on my LC9. I wouldn't use it if I was a rightie.

I carry a Kahr CM9 with a similar long double action only trigger. It has a firing pin safety but no external safety. Proper draw and holstering have to be maintained, but the analogy to DA revolvers is correct. The triggers of my Kahr and my S&W 442 J-Frame are almost the same stroke and feel.

I did the Galloway kit on mine, so the trigger is lite, but I actually traded up to the LC9 from the LCP because of the safety (and 9mm). I couldn't get used to the feeling of a gun with no safety. Maybe it's just how I was trained and raised. It takes less than a second to sweep it off when you draw, so I never felt it was a hindrance. Just like my AR, I sweep it back on safe as soon as I drop aim from target out of habit. It's muscle memory at this point. Also, the trigger is lite enough and technically "modified", so I don't want any accidents.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top