JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone locally (immediate Portland area) stock and sell LaserMax?

I'm interested in one, but would like to:
A. See, touch and feel before spending $300 + $ ??
B. Buy locally, if priced competitively.
C. Have someone I could talk with directly, should a problem arise.

Can anyone make a recommendation?

Thanks,
Frog.

Lasermax makes good stuff IMO & backs it up w/ 1st class service. I have a 7 year old guide rod laser in my glock, and just changed the batteries last week for the 1st time! Never any issues whatsoever, other than sometimes it shuts itself off when firing the gun (the glock version uses the take down lever to activate the laser).
I recently put their uni-max green laser on my AR, and it failed after just a few mags...bad unit. Lasermax sent a new one promptly. I also mentioned something about my old glock laser & the switch, and they told me to send it in & they'd take care of any issues.

I guess it depends on the model of firearm and model of lasermax you purchase. I've heard just the oposite about Lasermax products but my aplication differs from jdub. I'm not a glock or AR guy. For a 1911 I recomend Crimson Trace laser grips hands down. I don't run lasers on my rifles so I have no advice for you there.

I bought a LaserMax! I put Trijicon nights sights on the gun at the same time. Both are 'right on' target, just like the stock ones were. I've run out a dozen or so clips and when the laser is 'on', it stays on. When 'off', it stays off.

My primary reason for choosing the LaserMax over the Crimson Trace is the that the LaserMax is 'internal' and I can use Pachmayr grips that feel so much better in the hand. And I'm happy I did. I liked that the Crimson Trace laser was 'sightable', and had heard that LaserMax had some problems in this area. Maybe I got lucky, as it is dead-on, right out of the box. I'd highly recommend them, at least on a Sig, for sure!

The Trijicon nights sights are excellent also. I keep the P6 in a holster attached to my bed, and the night sights also work as an illuminated 'gun-finder'! :D

I've had a Lasermax guiderod in my XD45C for almost two years. It's about 1/2" low at 50' which is way more than good enough for me! The only thing that could be better with mine is battery life. Due to space constraints the one for the XD45 Compact takes really teeny hearing aid batteries. I get about an hour of "on time" before it gets dim. I mostly shoot outdoor so it doesn't spend much time "on" anyway and I always carry with fresh batteries and swap out for indoor practice. At one point early on the glass lens got knocked out of mine and I had to send it in for service. It was completely my fault so I figured they'd fix it and bill me. They sent me a whole new kit for free! :) I'd say their customer service rocks!

Several of my friends have CT Lasergrips and it seems like my trigger finger is always blocking the laser if it's not inside the trigger guard. :(

I have a laser max for my glock 23. If you come to my neck of the woods I'll let you look, feel, inspect it, take it apart, whatever.

Where are you at in Salem? I have been wanting to get a Lasermax for my G23... I have the CTC grips on my 1911 and think they are great. but I have always wanted a internal on my glock.

I'd highly recommend not going with the Lasermax stuff. Crimson Trace makes a much nicer product in my opinion. I've sold both at a shop before and saw no problems with the Crimson Trace stuff but the Laser Max stuff seemed to have some that didn't hold up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top