JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ordered a "Rear Sight Laser - Taurus Millennium Pro Series" RL-TM for one of my Millenniums. It came about a week later, in the box was a 2011 catalog with a new one including a lit night sight. I emailed them about a price to upgrade to the new one since mine was the "old" model. Took three emails and over a week to get an answer and then it was "no timeline for the new unit". No answer about upgrading.
I went ahead and tried to install it, after two hours using the brass drift they included I decided it wasn't going to fit. Emailed them for help, have never received an answer. Have now sent three emails and still no answer.
In the last one I told them they had till tomorrow to solve the issue or I was opening a dispute with my CC company.
I thought they had a good product for what I wanted, but if it won't fit, and they won't help at all........

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Update:
I finally did get an answer from LaserLyte, but only after I told them that I was going to wait over the weekend and then do a charge back on my credit card. Then they were willing to do "ANYTHING" to please me. They promised to call, but after waiting a few more days I again emailed them. They then called and told me the unit was now out of stock and wouldn't be in till 03/18/11, they would have to test them and send me one along with a return tag.

Waited till today 03/25/11 and sent another email wondering what was going on. Now it seams they have completely forgotten about sending another one and the call tag. They say they have no record of my returning the product (of course they don't since I'm waiting for the new one and enclosed return tag) and want to know what is wrong with the one I have after at least 6 emails and a phone call all to/from he same person.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

Wow, I didn't really like the look of those things before but now...

I'm happy I went with crimson trace. Local company and AMAZING customer service (they won't even let me buy anything, just send it out for free). I will be using them from now on for lasers.

Wow, I didn't really like the look of those things before but now...

I'm happy I went with crimson trace. Local company and AMAZING customer service (they won't even let me buy anything, just send it out for free). I will be using them from now on for lasers.

I'd prefer to have a CT and I do have one on one of my Kahr CW-45's. Problem is that it's not very stable even when screwed on as tight as it can be. I called CT and they said to bring it in and they'd take a look. They other thing with the CT's is that on some, like my Kahr you have to get new holsters and not all holster makers have one for the combination. The LaserLyte will at least fit in most holsters.

Just got an email back, they did find the RMA info but the new units won't be in till the first week of April. They claim they have found the problem and corrected it.

To preserve my rights under the CC dispute requirements I'll have to file a complaint though as the time limit is approaching.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

They claim they have found the problem and corrected it.
They finally found out it wouldn't fit the pistol it was made for? :s0155:

. They other thing with the CT's is that on some, like my Kahr you have to get new holsters and not all holster makers have one for the combination. The LaserLyte will at least fit in most holsters.
Good point, I didn't realize the Kahr model was one of those laser in front models. I have glock and 1911 ones and they don't affect holster fitting.

Hopefully Laserlyte will make it right.

They finally found out it wouldn't fit the pistol it was made for? :s0155:

Good point, I didn't realize the Kahr model was one of those laser in front models. I have glock and 1911 ones and they don't affect holster fitting.

Hopefully Laserlyte will make it right.

CT uses the "clamp on" type lasers on pistols that don't have replaceable grips panels like the LCP, or P-3AT or the Kahr CW series. So that, of course, means a new holster must be made. My favorite holster is the High Noon Tailgunner, kind of expensive but well built. I asked them about one for the Kahr, they replied that they would never have one for the Kahr with the CT laser. Crossbreed does have one for the Kahr/CT combo and I bought one, just like the PT-145 better although I sometimes carry the Kahr.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

Well, I finally got the new LaseeLyte in yesterday, tried to install it and sure enough, this one doesn't fit either. It's also the latest model with the electronic night sight.
Emailed them earlier with a description of what I see as the problem, now waiting for an answer. I suppose I could take a file and fix the problem but I don't want to void the warranty.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show