JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hard to beat for the money…i have a soft spot since mark personally called me and replaced my rifle i lost in a wildfire and a trijicon scope so customer service is great

Back in the day the ALG-ACT was the best bang for the buck, but then when the MBT came out at $70 or whatever it was easy to justify the extra $20 for a markedly better trigger. The MBT is still a great trigger and even easier to justify over an ACT now that they're only $10 different, but doesn't hold up to a Geissele imo. Are Geisseles double the price better? No I don't think so, but when you can find G2Ses on sale for $125ish 2 or 3 times a year, I'll take that over the currently priced $90 MBT every time.

Back in the day the ALG-ACT was the best bang for the buck, but then when the MBT came out at $70 or whatever it was easy to justify the extra $20 for a markedly better trigger. The MBT is still a great trigger and even easier to justify over an ACT now that they're only $10 different, but doesn't hold up to a Geissele imo. Are Geisseles double the price better? No I don't think so, but when you can find G2Ses on sale for $125ish 2 or 3 times a year, I'll take that over the currently priced $90 MBT every time.
From what I remember, Larue used to use/option G triggers in their builds. Larue, known for his mounts (among other things), was blindsided when Geissele introduced their mounts at ShotShow. That set Larue off, thinking there was some sort of unwritten rule. He then fast-tracked design and production of the MBT-1 and 2 and sold them at (some say below) cost as payback. That escalated into the "jar of triggers" saga.
ETA: ALG is Amy Lynn Geissele, Bill's wife.

Interesting. I knew that ALG was the Toyota (or maybe Scion) to Geissele's Lexus, they still offer good value, just not as good as it once was. I had no idea about the history between Larue and G$... can't say I'm surprised though between Mark being off his rocker (though I do like his QD scope and bipod mounts) and the gun industry in general has a lot of odd ducks with feuds going back years through multiple companies.

Interesting. I knew that ALG was the Toyota (or maybe Scion) to Geissele's Lexus, they still offer good value, just not as good as it once was. I had no idea about the history between Larue and G$... can't say I'm surprised though between Mark being off his rocker (though I do like his QD scope and bipod mounts) and the gun industry in general has a lot of odd ducks with feuds going back years through multiple companies.
The ACT ALG, BCM PNT, SIONICS EMST and Centurion Arms AMT are all basically the same trigger, a cleaned up Schmid Mil-spec single-stage with a fancy finish, usually NiB. SIONICS use to use Np3 (not sure if they still do)

Thanks for everyone's thought's on this trigger. I can now officially say I love it. It would be nice to be able to mess with the hammer and reset springs, but it is crisp as an old wheat thin cracker and very consistent as it sits.

i've always been pleased with the quality and performance of every larue product i've used.

no love for CMC triggers???? i've had excellent experiences with them as well.
One of my rifles has a CMC trigger and I like it.

I've had pretty good luck with most aftermarket triggers, except for Rise Armament. Maybe I got a lemon but I will not buy another one of those.

Something nobody has mentioned yet is preference for single vs. two-stage triggers. It is a completely different feel between the two.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top