JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Custom classic 1911. In great condition just looking for something else. Let me know what you have!
Will accept silver and gold as trade!
IMG_1321.JPG IMG_1322.JPG

Last Edited:
There is another thread on this subject, and being a life long clackamas county resident, as well as working for a vendor that supplied bolts, receivers, and trigger guards for Kimber rifles in the late 80's I have heard 3 different variations of the "clackamas" 1911. One: All kimber 1911's were made, assembled, and test fired in Yonkers, NY. The reason for the clackamas roll mark is the FFL name transfer was not complete. Two: although made in Yonkers, NY, the FFL required the 1911's to be test fired, quality checked, then "released" from the clackamas location. Three: Identical to situation two, but includes ASSEMBLY of the pistol itself.

Regardless, the "Clackamas" roll marked pistols are considered to have a slightly better quality than their Yonkers brothers, with the pinnacle of the Clackamas pistols built during the summer of 96'

Of course they did, that's where Kimber 1911's started.

This one was manufactured in clackamas but stamped New York

There is another thread on this subject, and being a life long clackamas county resident, as well as working for a vendor that supplied bolts, receivers, and trigger guards for Kimber rifles in the late 80's I have heard 3 different variations of the "clackamas" 1911. One: All kimber 1911's were made, assembled, and test fired in Yonkers, NY. The reason for the clackamas roll mark is the FFL name transfer was not complete. Two: although made in Yonkers, NY, the FFL required the 1911's to be test fired, quality checked, then "released" from the clackamas location. Three: Identical to situation two, but includes ASSEMBLY of the pistol itself

41aeguy is on point. My question was mostly facetious as the history is well known. Kimber of Oregon did not manufacture 1911s at any time. Assembly perhaps, for a limited time after the founder was forced out of the company, but not manufacturing of frames or slides. Jerico manufactured all the early Kimber 1911s and eventually the revived rifle line as well.

41aeguy is on point. My question was mostly facetious as the history is well known. Kimber of Oregon did not manufacture 1911s at any time. Assembly perhaps, for a limited time after the founder was forced out of the company, but not manufacturing of frames or slides. Jerico manufactured all the early Kimber 1911s and eventually the revived rifle line as well.
I have learned more about kimber already! Didn't know much before

Disclaimer : I do not claim to be a Kimber expert, but I have been researching the Kimber "Clackamas" 1911 for some time, in fact i closed the deal on a Clackamas 1911 a few days ago, should be here next week. In addition to what I previously mentioned, here are additional details.

"Did Kimber ever build 1911's in Clackamas", well technically yes. At least two 1911's were fully machined assembled by a gunsmith at the Clackamas location. The first being the Kimber test mule, and the second the gunsmith built for himself. The second Kimber now resides in a private collection. There are unsubstantiated claims of a third.

"We're "Clackamas" 1911's from Clackamas"? While hunting for an early Kimber classic, I noticed one thing. Those with the "Clackamas" roll mark came with a case that had just had a simple sticker with just date of manufacturer and the serial number in the carry handle recessed area. Meanwhile, the "Yonkers" rolled ones have a serial number, double bar coded-tons of information sticker on the front left of the case. The differences in the packages suggest that they were sent to distribution from two separate locations.

Quartermaster is right. I have bought a couple Clackamas Kimbers over the years from a former Kimber rifle gunsmith. Everything Quartermaster said jives with what this gunsmith told me. OP, you have a nice gun that should move quickly.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.