JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What Do you guys think?

• Total voters
The Kimbers are great guns and they look super sweet. I have to say the taurus pt1911 is hard to beat for the money .

I agree with Sigcom. I wanted a Kimber, but couldn't afford it. Bought a used Taurus PT1911 ALR(from an NWFA member), swapped out the piece of junk hammer with a Wilson Combat Hammer, removed the plunger safety and put in a shim. (All work done by another NWFA member)

Shoots more accurately than my friends old Kimber TLE/RL and weighs a little less due to the alloy frame.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to own a Kimber, and may someday. I am just REALLY HAPPY with my PT1911 ALR, that the Kimber is now a bit farther down the wantlist than it was before the Taurus.

All totalled I have $705 into my PT 1911 ALR, including 3 Wilson Combat 47D mags and a Hogue wraparound grip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

My dad and I each bought a Kimber Grand Raptor II. Beautiful gun with an awesome trigger with all the bells and whistles. Shoots everything i point it at and it is way more accurate than we'll ever be. Couldn't be happier with a gun.

Ok guys I have found that I have caught the 1911 bug and it wasn't till I saw this beauty at the local gun shop. So my question is this: Anybody own one of these or have any experience with them or Kimber in general? I also have a poll so people can throw out quick opinions. Thanks everybody! :)

custom2.jpg

I just put a custom tactical up for sale in classifieds.Take a look .I'll be at shelton for the gun show Saturday the 25th. $9oo range?

I have 8 Kimbers and looking for more. Anybody have one? I am looking for a custom 2. I don't know why but I should have the whole collection in another year of so.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top