JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an SU16 that I'm trying to upgrade the handguard on. It came with a Red Lion Precision handguard, but I'm wanting to drop the extra weight and convert back to either the classic handguard or compact forend. Unfortunately I'm missing the original handguard parts, specifically the forend lock and forend lock spring. I've orderer the forend lock from Numrich, but can't find the spring anywhere. Any ideas on where I might find one?

After looking all over and striking out I broke down and called KelTec. I explained I was missing the forend lock spring (part #172) and their website shows out of stock, so I needed info / specs on that part so I could go find another somewhere.

Much to my surprise, the lady on the phone tells me they can send me a replacement at no charge! Apparently they consider it a warranty replacement. It will be in the mail first thing tomorrow. So, props to KelTec - I had no idea their customer service was that good!

Ummmm......
Where ya been?
I have dealt with KelTec, Ruger, MKS(Hi-Point), S&W.....the conversation goes like this:
"Hi, I wanna BUY some pieces to fix (my screw-up, broken, lost...)...."
"What is your address?"
"1234 Main........How much will....."
"The parts are on the way. Is there anything else we can help with?"

Joe

Ummmm......
Where ya been?
I have dealt with KelTec, Ruger, MKS(Hi-Point), S&W.....the conversation goes like this:
"Hi, I wanna BUY some pieces to fix (my screw-up, broken, lost...)...."
"What is your address?"
"1234 Main........How much will....."
"The parts are on the way. Is there anything else we can help with?"

Joe
My last customer service interaction with a gun company was about 5 years ago with Taurus, and it sucked. I just assumed I'd have to buy the replacement parts since I'm the second owner, they were not broken due to product defects, etc. It was a nice surprise.