Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kalashnikov

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by mrblond, Mar 17, 2016.

1. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

anyone see anyone of the new, American made Aks out there for sale. I been looking off and on on GB and so far I have not seen one.

2. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Probably have to order one thru a shop I would imagine.

Most manufactures list thier dealers.

3. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Sportsman's Warehouse here in PDX on SE 82nd was carrying that Century C-39v2. But I don't think it had the scope rail on the left side of the receiver? They also carried a Century WASR. This was last summer though, Aug-Sep I think. I ordered a Petronov Arms AK that was from a Polish parts kit from Atlantic in late Oct.

4. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

American made AK's are a hit or miss rifle. Do ton of research before you buy one. From what I've read on reviews, IO rifles are bad, possibly even dangerous. Century RAS 47 luck of the draw on quality, seem to wear down quickly. DDI are the only ones that seem to get consistently good reviews.

5. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

No, I am not talking about the ones built up from parts and sold, I am talking about the ones built at Kalashnikov down In Alabama, or Georgia at their new factory in the US.

I did see some listed at KGC but they were all listed as sold out.

6. shootnscoot

shootnscoot Wa Well-Known Member

Haven't seen any in the wild, personally I would never buy a gun from a company owned by the Russian government and it's thug dictator.

7. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Eh most of that's overblown media narrative... I'd buy one without worry if the product is good. In fact, I'm waiting on their 9mm carbine.

8. Boboclown

Boboclown North Carolina Well-Known Member

Different company. No affiliation with the Russian one.

bolus likes this.
  9. badclam

badclam willapa bay Sunny SW WA Active Member

They're not out and about yet. I think I read the end of this year... Those of you comparing WASRs and Century Arms AKs to a Kalashnikov, probably know more about making clocks by hand than you do about AK rifles.

10. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Cool...saves more for me.