JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have a Kahr T series?

How is it, pros? Cons?

Looking to get some information on this guy, boy a lot out there.

upload_2018-10-15_10-53-3.jpeg

Out of all the Kahr's I've seen and handled over the years, this one is the one I always gravitate back to.

I've been hesitant to get a Kahr because you are supposed to use the slide lock as a release vs chambering with your support hand. As a lefty, it would seem to me that it would be problematic to try and drop the slide with my trigger finger....hmm

No experience with the T9 but, my new (less than two weeks old) PM40 just got back from the factory for repairs. I love the gun and don't fault the gun, the takedown is funky-not like I've dealt with before and I bubblegummed it up on reassembly. They responded quickly and paid both ways. It was gone a total of ten days! The gun was 100% reliable before and after. I have nothing but good things to say about the company and products. It's me who was lacking and they fixed my screwup!

The T-9 is an older model gun, the disadvantages include it's fairly heavy weight as well as it's overall large size. Lets not forget the single stack, low capacity magazine too. I will say it is a very well-made gun, but it weighs more than a polymer double-stack higher capacity gun does. Kahr also made a TP-9, which is the same size gun in polymer

That's kind of why I'm drawn to it. It is all stainless.

I've been looking to get ahold of an all steel 9mm. To take a break from my usual Glocks.

I'm not truly a fan of the 1911. I'm not truly a fan of the M9. I'm not a big fan of Sigs. So I'm running out of all metal 9mms.

Just want something nice, and different.

I would love to get a hands on with this pistol before jumping into bed with it though. So I'm unlikely going to buy it just to try it.

I have one.
As said above, it's a beautifully crafted stainless work of art.
Its smooth DAO trigger reminds me of a fine revolver.
It's an acquired taste, definitely not for everyone, however.
kahr.jpg

That's kind of why I'm drawn to it. It is all stainless.

I've been looking to get ahold of an all steel 9mm. To take a break from my usual Glocks.

I'm not truly a fan of the 1911. I'm not truly a fan of the M9. I'm not a big fan of Sigs. So I'm running out of all metal 9mms.

Just want something nice, and different.

I would love to get a hands on with this pistol before jumping into bed with it though. So I'm unlikely going to buy it just to try it.

If you're looking for an all steel 9 mm, CZ has lots of options. You can go full bling with one of the high polished models, or pure workhorse with the 75B. Safety or decocker, some can be either, DA/SA or SAO, full size or compact, like I said, lots of choices. And if you include the clones and near-clones, then you'll probably succumb to a terminal case of smorgasbord starvation :D. Later.

Dave