JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kahr PM9 is my carry gun. I put a rubber grip sleeve on it which makes it more comfortable to shoot. I installed finger extensions on the magazines to have a better grip. Doesn't affect concealability. No other modifications to it. I carry it in a Don Hume IWB holster at 3:00 o'clock. I carry a spare magazine in a Don Hume mag carrier at 9:00 o'clock.

Ammo is Hornady Critical Defense.
Trigger is smooth and recoil is tamed by the grip sleeve. Overall a very comfortable rig.

8490691D-BB62-4B90-88C6-8E76AFEDD23C.jpeg

Last Edited:
My experience is the Kahr pocket carries are finicky with hollow points based on the feed ramp angle. YMMV.

Yea mine doesnt like to chamber the first round at all, and i have to eat my wheaties to rack it.

When you chamber the first round you have to use the slide stop to release the slide. If you try to rack the slide it may not go into battery. They explain that in the owner's manual. I've had no issues using this method.

I carry mine with one in the chamber so it is not an issue for me. I am very happy with it and often pocket carry it. FIST make a thin kydex pocket holster that works great with it.

I have carried the Kahr CM9 in a pocket holster as my EDC since 2012. I carried it so long not because I liked it but because of its size. I replaced a Smith and Wesson bodyguard with it. I wanted the 9mm round instead of the .380. I have hated the trigger since day one. Yes it is smooth but it is long and heavy. It took about 500 rounds to break it in. The slide is not easy to rack. I don't like the cheap plastic sites, and it only comes with 1 mag. I am not a fan of how the magazines hold rounds. the bullets seem like they will spring out. Now as far as size it is one of the smallest 9mm's on the market. I shot a fox with it at 50 yards in AZ on second shot. It is accurate. I would have no question trusting my life with it. Above everything really is the trigger in my opinion is just the worst. I have nightmares about having to draw it and the trigger is too heavy to fire. I just picked up a Sig P365 to replace it so mine will be going on the chopping block soon.

I had a CM9 and a K40 covert. The long trigger pulls made them hard to hit with for me. If I really slowed down I could make it work but fast follow up shots were not an easy task. I am sure with a decent amount of training and dry fire work I could get competent, but I did not have the motivation. I gave it to my father and he pocket carries it probably 3 times a year.

I can naturally shoot striker fired or da/sa guns much better so I went that route instead. Both of my Kahrs were very reliable and easy to carry, but shooting them was not enjoyable for me.

I love the size and the feel of the gun, the trigger isnt the best, but doesnt bother me, i just hate the fact that i cant reliably chamber a round, i think ill be selling it and getting a g43

I have a CM9 and love it. It's crazy accurate, weighs nothing, has very little recoil. Never an FTE or FTF, eats all kinds of ammo, including Federal JHP and Liberty Civil Defense hollow points (+P) as well as all kinds of cheap stuff. I like the long and smooth trigger and I can rapid fire no problem. Great gun all around.

Great gun, carried one for 5 years. The mag's with metal floor plates slide a little, but looks like you have it covered with the extension. Works well with IWB, Dasantis super fly holster

Let me know if you get tired of it.

For chambering it has to have full spring force...pull it back all the way and let it go.

I noticed my P9 does not like Ruger ARX ammo. Should work great with ball or hornady FTX, XTP, etc.