JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm so good. If I wasn't such a dick I'd kiss myself

IMG-0351.jpg

As much as I like Leupold, I do loves me some Com Block optics!! :D
Yeah, That optic. I used a repro Tabuk rail from 2 rivers. Tig welded it on like the originals. Problem with those is the ONLY mount that will work is a Belarusian Belommo AK mount which are difficult to find . I happen to have another scope with one so Ive been swapping arts and laser bore sighting all morning to get it right.

"Last one I swear"

Sometime last year I think I heard this from you!

Glad you were lying!

"Last one I swear"

Sometime last year I think I heard this from you!

Glad you were lying!
I reached a compromise with myself. If I let one go, I can fill the rack space with something else. I have two more in the works. An 8mm M76 and a RPK.

I reached a compromise with myself. If I let one go, I can fill the rack space with something else. I have two more in the works. An 8mm M76 and a RPK.
I'm just poking you. I say that phrase a lot. Though lately here in OR it might mean more as of recently.

@wired if you don't mind me asking who built it for you? I have a Zastava M70 zpap just bought I'd like to rebarrel for a tabuk clone - already getting the furniture custom made - also what type of cleaning rod did you use, a M72 rpk rod or a saiga one? looks great and an inspiration

Built it for me?

Hahahaha

I used an SKS cleaning rod. I pretty much just consider those to be place holders though.

FWIW I just filed to reup my 07 FFL after a few years lapse and will be doing paid work again after that clears.
BTW the ZPAPS are a great starting point. The barrel stuff is correct enough . Only difference is the scope rail and to be honest the Zapap rail is better.

Roughly 2" too short, RPK length barrel but thinner profile.
Ive seen that number before but I think what they actually did is included the length of the flash hider in that 23.6"barrel length spec. If you look at pics of in service Tabuks they aren't as long as the M72 barrels and appear to be the same length as the AK builder barrels.

Iraqi_police_officer_with_Tabuk_sniper_rifle.jpg

I think your best bet at this point is to buy one of the no furniture ZPAP's from Atlantic for under 900. They have the right barrel parts which are impossible to find anywhere else. . the front sight and gas block especially. Then have the rear sight engraved at tarheel state. She should have my file . You can leave the receiver as is or get the correct scope rail ( must be tig welded on NOT MIG welded ) and use a childers receiver. Pick up a good Yugo buttstock or a new one from Zeleny's and I know a guy who can open it up to Tabuk specs.

I think your best bet at this point is to buy one of the no furniture ZPAP's from Atlantic for under 900. They have the right barrel parts which are impossible to find anywhere else. . the front sight and gas block especially. Then have the rear sight engraved at tarheel state. She should have my file . You can leave the receiver as is or get the correct scope rail ( must be tig welded on NOT MIG welded ) and use a childers receiver. Pick up a good Yugo buttstock or a new one from Zeleny's and I know a guy who can open it up to Tabuk specs.
Well, where can I find the scope they use? I might be better off leaving the rail as is if I can't find the right scope.

eBay .

They used all sorts of scopes on Tabuks so there really isn't a "correct" one. I like the Russian pattern but M76 Zrak works, M89 Zrak, Plain old 1913 mount and rings. Sopes fit either base. The Tabuk base ( two rivers sells them ) no different for scope fitment vs the Zastava base.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads