JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Sold

Price reduced $200.00, this price is firm. Thank you.
s IMG_0876.jpg IMG_0874.jpg IMG_0866.jpg IMG_0872.jpg IMG_0879.jpg IMG_0880.jpg IMG_0886.jpg IMG_0877.jpg
Price reduced!
A number of years ago (about 1974 I think?) I purchased this 39M to add this model to my Marlin .22 collection. When it arrived I discovered that Marlin had shipped it to my dealer with the slender Mountie forend and both it and the butt stock had the oil finish instead of the more common (and much less attractive in my opinion) varnish. As the photo shows the barrel is Micro Groove and JM stamped. I fired test targets with five different brands of ammo and have saved the targets. Federal Gold Medal High Velocity Match shot just a hair's width tighter than CCI Mini Mags but three things really surprised me. The first was how tight the groups were (under 3/4" at 30 yards even with my tired old eyes and open sights). The second was that all the ammo shot to essentially the same point of impact. The third thing & what surprised me the most was that neither the point of impact nor the group size changed as the barrel got warm. This is the first Marlin lever action .22 that I ever recall owning that did not open the group or shift the poi as the barrel went from cold to warm as it was shot. The receiver is factory drilled and tapped for a scope. I added, and will include the micrometer rear sight which works with the fold down rear sight that comes on 39Ms (on the barrel), and will also include several hundred rounds of CCI hollow point shorts, CCI Mini Mags, and almost 1200 rounds (2) 500 round cases and several 50 round boxes of Gold Medal Match. This is the last of my Marlin collection and the one that I loved the best. I don't have any more .22s so the buyer will get it all. The only wear on the rifle at all is the slight blue thinning at the lever hinge and on the hammer, and perhaps some unnoticeable marks from handling and cleaning. No rust, patina, dings, dents, scrapes, fading blueing or buggers. I have fired approximately 50 rounds thru it. It would be a killer on sage rats and jackrabbits although I've never hunted with it.:cool:
I'm in Coquille.
Price reduced from $1200.00 to $1000.00. Price is firm.
Scott
Semper Fi

Last Edited:
This is such a beautiful rifle. I'm in the market for a 39, but this is too dang nice for me to buy.
They aren't making any more of them and they are getting scarce, especially the JMs. Not too long ago I owned a bunch of them and this was the best of them all, super accurate, same POI warm or cold and an original JM with the micro grove barrel, but good ones are getting pretty scarce. Here is one that has been shot something less than 50 rounds, but cared for. A guy could use it (great for sage rats and rabbits) and as long as he kept it clean and didn't ding it up, it would do nothing but appreciate over the years. I don't have anyone to leave it to but it would be an awesome heirloom for generations to come if someone had a child. And, as a bonus, it comes with a bunch of the ammo it loves the best!

Last Edited:
I have a half Blue Healer/Australian Shepard. He's a male, but fixed. Only 13 years old. Limps pretty bad. But got a great smile. Hate to let him go, but for that rifle we can deal.

I have a half Blue Healer/Australian Shepard. He's a male, but fixed. Only 13 years old. Limps pretty bad. But got a great smile. Hate to let him go, but for that rifle we can deal.
Here's an idea...my museum piece for yours...that cased Colt Navy w/accessories you keep stashed in your safe plus your pup and you've got a deal! I can drive 1/2 way to meet you if you'll buy lunch.;)

Last Edited:
LOL....it's too nice for me to keep. They aren't making any more of them and they are getting scarce, especially the JMs. Not too long ago I owned a bunch of them and this was the best of them all, super accurate, same POI warm or cold and an original JM with the micro grove barrel, but good ones are getting pretty scarce. Here is one that has been shot something less than 50 rounds, but cared for. A guy could use it (great for sage rats and rabbits) and as long as he kept it clean and didn't ding it up, it would do nothing but appreciate over the years. I don't have anyone to leave it to but it would be an awesome heirloom for generations to come if someone had a child. And, as a bonus, it comes with a bunch of the ammo it loves the best!

I have THE SOLUTION to your dilema .... adopt me, and leave it to me in your will. I'm patient and can wait for it! :D ;)

Never seen one of these, but reading about them, it will be a great rifle to hand down.

PM inbound.
My bad, re read and saw it's $1000. Cant afford it, though would love to if I had the jack.

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.