JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$500
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Beaverton
State
Oregon
Zip Code
These were made by High Standard and sold under the name JC Higgins in the sporting goods section of Sears Department stores. For you young whippersnappers Sears was a department store back in the day that bought things from manufactures and put their own name on.
A "department store" was a physical building that had things that you could go to to see things you might order off a place like Amazon these days but they actually had them in the building and you could look at them and hold them before you bought them . . .

But anyway, this is another one that I like but never shoot, being built by High Standard they have a reputation for being very accurate, the scope is a VXII 4x that I had Leupold adjust the parallax to 75 yards back when they did things like that. Mounted with Leupold Rifleman rings and it has a Leupold Alumina flip covers on the front lens. Overall the rifle is in great shape and the 'measuring tape' sling still works great. It also comes with the OG scope in case you want to see how bad old folks used to have it years ago :s0112:

Asking $500.00, but like always if you think another number is fair feel free to PM me with an offer
Not really interested in trades at this time
JCHigginsMod30wLeupold 01.jpg
JCHigginsMod30wLeupold 02.jpg
JCHigginsMod30wLeupold 03.JPG
JCHigginsMod30wLeupold 04.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
That is a cool looking old gun. I've never seen anything quite like it. GLWS

BTW - There is still a Sears store in Cottage Grove. I noticed it's called Sears Hometown Store though. Might not be the same?

That is a cool looking old gun. I've never seen anything quite like it. GLWS

BTW - There is still a Sears store in Cottage Grove. I noticed it's called Sears Hometown Store though. Might not be the same?
Yes, much as Londinium was once part of Rome, that location was once part of the vast Sears Empire :)

Yes, much as Londinium was once part of Rome, that location was once part of the vast Sears Empire :)
I think I'm a little older than you (maybe more than a little) but I remember eagerly awaiting the Sears Wish Book before Christmas when I was a young'un. Along with the Monkey Wards catalog.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.